UPS driver runs over a dog.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You stand in your front door randomly filming while letting 3 dogs run lose. Looks like someone is looking for easy an easy Brown payday.

Johney

You stand in your front door randomly filming while letting 3 dogs run lose. Looks like someone is looking for easy an easy Brown payday.
I think it's a security camera,watch the time on the screen. The person is recording but the video isn't rolling.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I once saw a guy who had hit a deer with his car, the deer was still alive but flailing around in the middle of the road. The guy didnt have a gun, so he ran over the deer again with his truck in order to euthanize it and get it off of the road. Sounds awful, but he didnt really have any other options.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
There were dogs all over the place on my route. About a third of my deliveries were out in dirt-roaded country areas....farms, gigantic farm houses, corn fields, cows, etc etc. It's a way of life for those people out there to let their multiple, large dogs roam the property. Out of my 35 country stops, at least half of them had dogs roaming. Pit bulls, rott's, german shepherds, a couple of mutts, and god knows whatever other huge dog breeds. One of the first thing they asked me when I started that route was if I had a problem with dogs. No way, love them.

Most of those dogs were used to being unchained and roaming about their property, so they were used to vehicles and the big brown truck showing up. But then there were the spaz-tastic maniac dogs that convinced me to stay in that package car and find the closest trunk-lid to place the package on....Those are the same maniac dogs that would run out from a line of trees and attempt to seemingly bite at my tires. I slammed my brakes the first few times, but after almost skidding off the dirt roads into deep ditches, screw em.

Not that I agree with it from a moral standpoint or from a dog lovers perspective, but I have been told that "It's cheaper to replace Lucy, than to fix Lucy"

Integrity

Binge Poster
I once saw a guy who had hit a deer with his car, the deer was still alive but flailing around in the middle of the road. The guy didnt have a gun, so he ran over the deer again with his truck in order to euthanize it and get it off of the road. Sounds awful, but he didnt really have any other options.
soberups,

I think it is very hard to judge the situation from this video.

Based upon my observation of this video the driver did care.

Questions that need to be answered here:

What is the speed limit on this street?

What was the speed of the driver at the time of the accident?

Only after these two unknowns become known can anyone draw a conclusion as to the drivers fault here.

Sincerely,
I

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
soberups,

I think it is very hard to judge the situation from this video.

Based upon my observation of this video the driver did care.

Questions that need to be answered here:

What is the speed limit on this street?

What was the speed of the driver at the time of the accident?

Only after these two unknowns become known can anyone draw a conclusion as to the drivers fault here.

Sincerely,
I

That is a standard looking resi area. I think it would be a stretch to assume it's anything more than 25mph. Completely unmarked road. The driver was probably going the 25mph....no more than 30mph. But, honestly, whether the driver 'cared' or not is irrelevant. I love dogs as much as the next guy, but the driver going 25mph or 100mph doesn't change the fact that the owner is responsible for their dogs staying out of the street...ESPECIALLY if there are leash laws.

stoni24

What is there to discuss from this video? Any animal in the street is the owners liability. If U have 2000 lb bull that gets loose in the road or a small pet, it's all the same. If my dog is run over in the street then I am liable for any damages caused to the vehicle that hits it!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
These dogs probably run in the street after every truck that goes by. The owner is clueless. The problem with dealing with idiots is they don't realize that they are, in fact, idiots.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think it is disgusting. If it had been my dog, 10 it would not have been in the street. My dogs know the boundary, and they screech to a halt, at all cost if they are going beyond, accidentally chasing a squirrel or a cat 2) its still sad that dog did not have a owner who loved it enough to train it. 060.jpgCAM00006.jpg
060.jpg
CAM00006.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
These dogs probably run in the street after every truck that goes by. The owner is clueless. The problem with dealing with idiots is they don't realize that they are, in fact, idiots.
Which is why so many people get bit by dogs. They are owned by idiots. My dogs stand back from the door. When someone knocks. Now if I tell them they can go they would be all over it. But til I do, they STAY. How many houses do you go to where people have to lock them in another room, or try to contain them while you have your foot against the door?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Which is why so many people get bit by dogs. They are owned by idiots. My dogs stand back from the door. When someone knocks. Now if I tell them they can go they would be all over it. But til I do, they STAY. How many houses do you go to where people have to lock them in another room, or try to contain them while you have your foot against the door?

Same reason some people have quiet, polite kids and others have demon children.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
that is one beautiful animal!
Only one person I ever met has said she was ugly. She is a white doberman, and the love of my life. Shes scary looking at first, because most people have never seen a blue eyed white doby. She has been my blessing in life, aside of course from my children and grandchildren. And she is huge, 100 pds, not an inch of fat. She listens, watches TV, helps me clean, no kidding. If I start dusting, she starts tucking blankets in the couch, pushing stuff over to the trash can, she is a hoot.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was offered 2k on the beach of Lake Michigan in Wisconsin for my white dog, the man pulled out the money. I laughed and walked away.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Black one is a doby rot mix, shorter and heavier, and older, she goes about 90. White one is tall and long as a freight train, and lean and mean. I dont know how she packs on the weight. She is a finnicky eater, but all muscle. She has serious definition. In a human she would be judged adhd. Let her out in the cold for 2 minutes she is recharged. And pirouetting like a ballerina