UPS Health Benefits Shock for Retired Union Employees

moreluck

golden ticket member
"This has nothing to do with Obamacare or politics.".......Ms.

B.S. !!

Then why are companies considering closing because they can't afford to comply with the Obamacare stuff.
I think it has everything to do with the Affordable Care Act.

moreluck

golden ticket member
please make me believe "UPS really does feel a responsibility for the retirees and longer tenured employees"
What do they call it when you attribute human qualitlies to things??? anthropomorphism ??

UPS is a company......it cannot feel a thing !!

Ms.PacMan

B.S. !!

Then why are companies considering closing because they can't afford to comply with the Obamacare stuff.
You are quoting me out of context to make your political point.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

B.S. !!

She was talking about UPS going up on Union retiree rates for healthcare coverage.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
do people deserve to suffer because they cant afford health care.

In Ayn Rand's fanboy world, it's every dog-eat-dog for themselves. Ask Paul Ryan. The answer to your question defines what we want our nation to be. Is it a nation founded by "We the People" organized for "the general welfare"? Or are we a plutocracy where the rentiers suck up all the money, and the vast working class fights each other for crumbs? Are we a nation where a fair day's work earns a fair day's pay? Or does the working class buy the plutocrats B.S. and allow the race to the bottom, where slave labor in China defines what labor is worth?

I personally do not want to live in a third-world country, nor do I want my niece and nephew, and their kids, to be slaves to the richest. Taxes are the price we pay for a civilization. Even if we fall over the "fiscal incline", taxes are lower than they have been throughout most of the last 75 years. Let's go after wasteful Pentagon spending, not grannies and little kids on food stamps.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
What do they call it when you attribute human qualitlies to things??? anthropomorphism ??

UPS is a company......it cannot feel a thing !!
Your Supreme Court has recently ruled that corporations ARE people and therefore can donate unlimited monies to campaigns under free speech. You can't have it both ways now!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Your Supreme Court has recently ruled that corporations ARE people and therefore can donate unlimited monies to campaigns under free speech. You can't have it both ways now!
Most of the SCOTUS is not mine........or we wouldn't have Obamacare today!

.......monies to campaigns is 4 years off.........as we were reminded by HIS appearance on TV yesterday.........
How does your brown truck feel? Does it like you? Does it plot against you and ruin your days?

trickpony1

do people deserve to suffer because they cant afford health care.

Hospitals can't refuse treatment regardless of financial condition of patient.
The lowest income people without health insurance have always been able to get medical treatment.

tae111

I agree with your general gist on this post but I do feel compelled to ask you when you would have liked to find out about this:
1) Now before the financial aspects of the contract are negotiated and everyone affected has the ability to "pressure" the Union negotiators and voting Union members?
2) After the contract is negotiated and approved?
3) August 1, 2013?

My thoughts when I first saw this is that UPS was trying to make sure this is known during the early stages of negotiations.
From what I have observed, UPS really does feel a responsibility for the retirees and longer tenured employees and tries to be fair in meeting implied and assumed benefits.

TechGirl's post #159 hits on this as well and her post is very much on target.

The letter that was sent made no mention that it was something in negotiation. It stated it as something that was fact. Your cost will be $742.00 per month instead of $50.00. It didn't say that this may happen or that it is a proposal. I can't believe you seriously think this was sent just to help the retirees plan for their financial future. Where did you say you work?