UPS Local 135 Rider passes

Inthegame

Why was UPSF denied the right to vote via mail the second time. When YRC voted it down overwhelmingly through mail, Hoffa took their right to reject it a second time by feeding them lies and taking away their right to vote via mail a second time.

What kind of garbage is showing up to the locals to vote? The majority of people have families and use their weekends for them.

Lets be thankful for Local 89, they look like they are the only ones left with a pair.
You do realise that more UPSF employees voted in person the second time than voted by mail the first. Kinda blows your pointless position to hell.
If Hoffa gave Zuckerman carhaul back and he 'd fold like a chair. No nuts here buddy, just politics.

Stonefish

Your mind is made up. I don't believe you will change it no matter what I post on here.
This is what separates me from you.
I will change my mind when verifible information comes to my attention that goes against what I already believe.
So again respond to the post you may change my mind. You can't respond with something intelligent so you keep trying something else. Not working well for you.

Stonefish

Why was UPSF denied the right to vote via mail the second time. When YRC voted it down overwhelmingly through mail, Hoffa took their right to reject it a second time by feeding them lies and taking away their right to vote via mail a second time.

What kind of garbage is showing up to the locals to vote? The majority of people have families and use their weekends for them.

Lets be thankful for Local 89, they look like they are the only ones left with a pair.
Both YRCW and UPSF had time constraints. Would you rather YRCW waited that extra week, didn't get the financing approved and went out of business? Probably so you could blame the union for that. If you know the true history and fact you would know the IBT saved YRCW. But your TDU buddies didn't tell you hedge funds would have made more money if they went out of business than survive. With UPSF the entire year of pension was on the line but you and your boys didn't care about that either.
More people voted in the vote at the halls for UPS freight. No union officials have families they wanted to be with so they decided to have it on the weekend so they had to work. What a stupid statement.
But I will say it shows what kind of a person you are. If you have to get involved and show up to a meeting to protect your family, you're going shopping.
There are 4 left not just 89. Lets see how it works out for them before you put them up on a pedestal.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does the union follow the same rules that are used for political elections regarding no campaigning within 100' of the polling place? That's the part that would concern me the most about voting in person, especially for the younger employees. I have 25 years in and can make up my own mind----some of these kids have no idea what they are voting on and are easily swayed.

Stonefish

Does the union follow the same rules that are used for political elections regarding no campaigning within 100' of the polling place? That's the part that would concern me the most about voting in person, especially for the younger employees. I have 25 years in and can make up my own mind----some of these kids have no idea what they are voting on and are easily swayed.
There were rules for the committee members and observers

govols019

You smell that?

I was an observer for the YRC vote and, at least in my local, there was no campaigning of any kind. Our BA just read the facts as presented by the IBT and YRC and told the members to vote whatever they thought was best.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The 2nd round of the Central Region Supplemental voting was by mail and there was "vote yes" literature in the envelope with the ballot.
Seems like a parallel issue to me?
Shouldn't that mailing have been issue neutral?

Stonefish

The 2nd round of the Central Region Supplemental voting was by mail and there was "vote yes" literature in the envelope with the ballot.
Seems like a parallel issue to me?
Shouldn't that mailing have been issue neutral?
I hope they mail the 3rd round

C

chuchu

The name calling can cease. Right or wrong, everyone has strong feelings about this contract.

Although it has created division in some areas it has also created a bond between many stewards who would never have communicated if we did not have to deal with this together.

The company didnt do that. TDU didnt do that. The union IBT reps did.

Through adversity the rank and file gets stronger. For this, we can be thankful.

Last edited by a moderator: