UPS management can thank the Teamsters

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Off, sounds like they might force air drivers.
So really, when you look at this day off, there is only one person to thank, and his name was James Earl Ray.

That fool doesn't shoot MLK, martyrdom doesn't happen. MLK's birthday never becomes a holiday.

4041821949-James-Earl-Ray.jpg

Thebrownblob

So really, when you look at this day off, there is only one person to thank, and his name was James Earl Ray.

That fool doesn't shoot MLK, martyrdom doesn't happen. MLK's birthday never becomes a holiday.

4041821949-James-Earl-Ray.jpg
Relax Wally it’s a day off, you’re overthinking it. As far as I’m concerned if they want us to work and pay us double time plus holiday pay I’m fine with that too.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Relax Wally it’s a day off, you’re overthinking it. As far as I’m concerned if they want us to work and pay us double time plus holiday pay I’m fine with that too.
Yep, all good, but Ray is the only reason any of this happens.

Ironically, there may never have been a federal holiday honoring King had he not been killed so suddenly in 1968.

Thebrownblob

Yep, all good, but Ray is the only reason any of this happens.

Ironically, there may never have been a federal holiday honoring King had he not been killed so suddenly in 1968.

Maybe, but he was also pretty influential and there’s a good chance there would’ve been a Holiday named after him either way.

But at the end of the day, I don’t care either way, I got the day off or I’m getting paid extra.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Maybe, but he was also pretty influential and there’s a good chance there would’ve been a Holiday named after him either way.

But at the end of the day, I don’t care either way, I got the day off or I’m getting paid extra.
Things may have been very different if the race baiting poverty pimps like Jackson and Sharpton hadn’t grabbed power. The whole trajectory of black history was changed that fateful day.

Thebrownblob

He lives and he never becomes a martyrdom. Other facts like his womanizing come out.
Yep he liked the ladies, I can understand that lol, but it doesn’t really take away from what he did. We’re all human beings, and probably couldn’t stand up to public scrutiny.