UPS Payroll Phone Number - REWARD!!!

Kae3106

I work in payroll. We are not permitted to talk to employees over the phone because there is no way to verify that they are who they say they are over the phone. This is why you will have difficulty finding a phone number. Even if you get a number, we can't talk to you. They also relocated our office last year and changed all of our phone numbers when we moved to the new building. (The only exception to this is the garnishment group. Due to confidentiality issues, they will talk to employees directly.)

If you have a question about a check or direct deposit, you need to have your supervisor put in an inquiry so we can research it and get back to you with the answer.

Happy to answer any general payroll type questions if you PM me.

UPSGUY72

I just got onto this site, I actually googled payroll for UPS's contact number and this post was in the search results. I had a problem because I have direct deposit and as far as I know the check was supposed to be deposited by Friday but it is yet to show up on my account. If anyone can help me or give me payroll's number please do. I'm in Louisiana if that makes a difference.

Do you have a banks account ? It takes a couple of weeks for your first direct deposit to go thru so you will be getting a paper ckeck till that happen.

Call your HR person they are the people that can help you if you don't have that number see your Building SUP they have it.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
I work in payroll. We are not permitted to talk to employees over the phone because there is no way to verify that they are who they say they are over the phone. This is why you will have difficulty finding a phone number. Even if you get a number, we can't talk to you. They also relocated our office last year and changed all of our phone numbers when we moved to the new building. (The only exception to this is the garnishment group. Due to confidentiality issues, they will talk to employees directly.)

If you have a question about a check or direct deposit, you need to have your supervisor put in an inquiry so we can research it and get back to you with the answer.

Payroll errors are most often caused by time entry errors, coding errors, and other issues in the operations. The only way to get them corrected is by your supervisor or manager through the Time and Labor system (intranet adjustment forms). The reason it is so difficult to get them corrected is because the supervisor or manager gets charged with the error once they submit the correction. Getting them to submit the correction is usually the break down in the correction process. Errors caused by payroll don't get charged to the operation, so these are usually addressed more promptly. The key to avoiding errors in payroll is to make sure the correct informaton is submitted in the first place.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I work in payroll. We are not permitted to talk to employees over the phone because there is no way to verify that they are who they say they are over the phone.

this is a real problem with spouses. they like to get into all sorts of stuff while we are at work, including posting here.

This is why you will have difficulty finding a phone number. Even if you get a number, we can't talk to you. They also relocated our office last year and changed all of our phone numbers when we moved to the new building.

this sounds like someone in the witness protection program........btw, ever heard of number portability? keep the same number no matter where you go. unless of course, you dont want people to know your phone number.........

(The only exception to this is the garnishment group. Due to confidentiality issues, they will talk to employees directly.)

that is the group that works in the super classified section in the bomb proof basement in atlanta.:wink2:

and dont forget to file for any untimely adjustments to the payroll.

as was stated, the vast majority of problems are data entry. they can be fixed by a few strokes of the keyboard, and a new check cut and sent overnight. use the system, that is what it is there for.

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm waiting for the day when the payroll department gets outsourced, and you will have to talk to some guy named Patel in New Delhi or Bombay in order to get your payroll errors corrected. Of course by then he might also be your on-car sup, using Telematics to oversee you and 40 other drivers from behind the comfort of a desk on the other side of the world.

UPS Lifer

I will give the net pay I received from UPS from the past 2 weeks to anyone who can provide me with a phone / contact number for UPS Payroll.

I am not joking.

Hate to burst your bubble but even if you get the direct number to your payroll clerk, they will not talk with you. You will have to go through the "gatekeeper" who is the clerk's supervisor or manager. Their priority is getting the payroll out. Nothing else gets in their way. This stems from past issues that have now been put into the contract.

hdtvtechno

Direct Deposit depends on your Banks Policy
sometimes it takes longer to process the paperwork at your bank
so speak with your bank

Kae3106

I'm waiting for the day when the payroll department gets outsourced, and you will have to talk to some guy named Patel in New Delhi or Bombay in order to get your payroll errors corrected. Of course by then he might also be your on-car sup, using Telematics to oversee you and 40 other drivers from behind the comfort of a desk on the other side of the world.

Nah, they'd never be able to keep all of the union rules straight. Most of us in payroll pay multiple districts and have to know all of the rules for different contracts and local supplements.....which causes most of the payroll errors. As soon as they figure it out, there is a new contract or Labor reinterprets something so we have to change procedures.

UPS Lifer

Nah, they'd never be able to keep all of the union rules straight. Most of us in payroll pay multiple districts and have to know all of the rules for different contracts and local supplements.....which causes most of the payroll errors. As soon as they figure it out, there is a new contract or Labor reinterprets something so we have to change procedures.

I could be wrong, but the information is so sensitive that this department won't ever be farmed out outside the US border. You hit it on the head with all the differences by region, it is a process that needs close monitoring with people who are familiar with the differences in the (supplements) contract.

Leftinbuilding

Lots of luck. Our DISTRICT Labor Manager couldn't get a straight answer from payroll. Stonewalled, then when we finally got an "answer" it was pure gibberish that even the Mgr couldn't decipher. Payroll seems to have the mindset that it is THEIR money and it is THEIR duty to protect it. In my 35+ years of UPS employment, they are,without question, the least efficient entity in the company. Other than that, I like em just fine. :happy2:

Kae3106

972-304-3100 is the number to payroll. Press 2 when connected.

That is the Dallas garnishment department number. They will talk to you about your wage attachments/child supports/garnishments only. If you call that number and have a question about your paycheck/hours/rates, etc, we will direct you back to your supervisor and tell you to have them put in an inquiry.

Dallas only pays about half of the company's payroll but administers all of the garnishments.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Kae, is it true that UPS has two banks for payroll, one on each coast, and that the bank on the west coast processes the checks for the east coast and vice versa, to take advantage of the interest earned while the checks are being processed?

I realize that, with direct deposit, this is not as advantageous as it used to be, but I had been told that this was true.

Kae3106

Kae, is it true that UPS has two banks for payroll, one on each coast, and that the bank on the west coast processes the checks for the east coast and vice versa, to take advantage of the interest earned while the checks are being processed?

I realize that, with direct deposit, this is not as advantageous as it used to be, but I had been told that this was true.

We actually have more than two primary banks that are used for payroll.

It is primarily due to geographical issues. Not all banks have equal geographic distribution of branches though this is changing as the big banks continue to merge. Since a bank will generally cash a payroll check drawn on it for a non-account holder, they use a bank with strong representation in that region. So payroll checks in one region may be drawn on an account with Bank of America but another region may be Wells Fargo, another region on Citibank, etc. It's actually done for employee convenience, not interest accrual.

Kae3106

Lots of luck. Our DISTRICT Labor Manager couldn't get a straight answer from payroll. Stonewalled, then when we finally got an "answer" it was pure gibberish that even the Mgr couldn't decipher. Payroll seems to have the mindset that it is THEIR money and it is THEIR duty to protect it. In my 35+ years of UPS employment, they are,without question, the least efficient entity in the company. Other than that, I like em just fine. :happy2:

The real problem with payroll is that very, very few of the employees who work there have ever worked in operations. When they consolidated all of the regional payroll sites into the two corporate sites, they hired a ton of people off the street. (non-union) I was there for three months before someone finally explained what preload meant and that I should pay the skilled rate for it. One of our managers (former driver) drew us a map of how packages flow through the UPS system and how the various terms related to them. I still have it.

I will defend the efficiency part. In the past (I've been told), payroll was a very manual process. Now, we have created some handy dandy databases that analyze the data and show us the exceptions that need corrections. GTS has been a big part of it. We have also had a three year payroll standardization project going on which was designed to iron out all of the differences between the way Dallas and Columbus handled payroll. I'd like to think we are getting better. I do know that the staff has been reduced and each clerk is held responsible for processing a certain number of time card changes each week. (You have your metrics, now we have ours.) We have also put together standardized training manuals and cross training within the department.

Centers have the ability to call up a PDM (Payroll Data Mart) history on the spot which is the same as a payroll hours history if you want to see your start/finish times, work performed, rate paid, ST, OT, etc instead of waiting for payroll to send one.

I'm sorry payroll stonewalled on an answer and then gave you gibberish. We've started auditing our inquiry answers for quality to help prevent this in the future.

But hey, everyone likes us when their check is correct! We only become the stupid, bad, useless, lazy payroll clerks when your check is wrong :happy-very:

Douglass

Hey I used the number provided in this thread got the name of the Sista I just talked to,and sent a fax asking if she could please walk across the hall and deliver my message to those that handle other payroll functions. Then attached a paper coupon to jambajuice on me.