UPS Pilots

worldwide

What is the process? Obviously airline certificates and that process of build up leading you to a commercial license. Time and money. But how can you actually aim for a UPS piloting job from the get go? I'd imagine HUB seniority doesn't matter and these are strictly "off the street" hires. Correct or wrong? Any insight into how you go from being the best loader in your HUB to being a UPS Captain. The hub is getting old...

Based on a very basic Google search, it looks like the bare minimums to apply are:

- 1,000+ Jet PIC (realistically speaking)
- 5,000+ Total Time

Posted minimums are different than competitive mins. Nobody gets hired with the advertised "minimums". To be competitive, that is, to be even be considered for an interview or employment, competitive mins are around 4-5000tt with at least 1000 PIC in turbine equipment preferably from a 135/121 scheduled ops.

Most have at least a 4 yr degree and a letter of recommendation from a current employee.

Article from a couple years ago about pay at UPS and Fedex. Starts at $31K, tops out at $231K. Takes a long time a a little luck to make it to the top range.
http://www.thestreet.com/story/10510106/1/ups-fedex-tops-in-pilot-pay.html

mike1646

Last time I spoke with a ups pilot he told me it takes anywhere from 12 to 15 years to be captain after you're hired