UPS Surepost package never touched by a UPS employee

brown metal coffin

IMO its a necessary evil otherwise it would literally be peak every single day the rest of your career. Sure the logical answer would be " I guess ups will have to hire more rpcd's and make more full time jobs" but here's the problem; no one wants to work and even the part timers turn down full time in droves at my building. We offer immediate full time off the street plus incentives and people are still a no thank you. A lot of them would rather sit in their moms basement blogging about how bad the world is and playing xbox all day like its a marketable skill versus six figures and full benefits. Ohhhh not to mention the people that are leaving good jobs on the table and flat out quitting without going to another job. "Its no wonder this era has been deemed the great resignation". Chased a rabbit for a bit there but there's a point in there. Somewhere....

Just ordered something for Christmas last week. It was sent UPS Surepost... It was picked up by UPS Freight ( no longer owned by UPS) and handed off to the Post Office for delivery.

I tracked the 1z label via the UPS website.

Why is this allowed?
UPS Surepost package never enters a UPS facility and is never touched by a Teamster?
Why would a freight company pick up a small package?

nWo

Could you imagine the loss UPS would be taking per package if they sent $9 surepost packages with a freight company?

quad decade guy

Nope, fake news....never happened.

But nice job making it fit your tired narrative.
K.

Every indicator shows the future. It ain't us(UPS)....in our current configuration.

Shrug.

My tired narrative...to who? you?

Newsflash....you don't matter.

Now, we DO have a dual operation occurring right now.....the PVD and Contractors.

When this becomes viable....we(yes you) will be talking about the way we were....

For example: Peak.......I pulled empties at least twice(this week) and it felt like the day before Thanksgiving....all week.

Empties....a tired narrative? Perhaps.....For me....more like an omen...ominous even....

Shrug.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
K.

Every indicator shows the future. It ain't us(UPS)....in our current configuration.

Shrug.

Now, we DO have a dual operation occurring right now.....the PVD and Contractors.

When this becomes viable....we(yes you) will be talking about the way we were....

For example: Peak.......I pulled empties at least twice(this week) and it felt like the day before Thanksgiving....all week.

Empties....a tired narrative? Perhaps.....For me....more like an omen...ominous even....

Shrug.
This thread is a duplicate thread that was already hashed out about TFI (UPS Freight) supposedly forwarding SurePost packages, which never happened (hence fake news).

Your tired narrative was the unparallel tangent you took in attempt to connect a bunch of dots that just aren't there (again).

Dr.Brownz

Talk to your local union. They were trying to pull something like that here in South Texas where they would bring over trailers full of UPS packages with UPS labels from Mexico and use contractors to pull the loads north and drop them at the hub to be sorted. UPS was trying to say that they were never picked up by us so it was the same as a customer dropping off packages at the customer counter.

LOL imagine being such a corporate stooge that its your job to make the claim hiring truckers to pull loads is the same as customers just dropping packages off! These :censored2:ing people

quad decade guy

Talk to your local union. They were trying to pull something like that here in South Texas where they would bring over trailers full of UPS packages with UPS labels from Mexico and use contractors to pull the loads north and drop them at the hub to be sorted. UPS was trying to say that they were never picked up by us so it was the same as a customer dropping off packages at the customer counter.
this^
This thread is a duplicate thread that was already hashed out about TFI (UPS Freight) supposedly forwarding SurePost packages, which never happened (hence fake news).

Your tired narrative was the unparallel tangent you took in attempt to connect a bunch of dots that just aren't there (again).
this^
K.

Shrug.

Shrug.
and this^

Yep an unparalleled narrative....