Ups testing delivering ground on saturdays

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What does the two have to do with each other? Just because I believe we are compensated well doesn't mean I also believe we shouldn't get time and half if we work holidays. I didn't say we should be paid time and a half Saturdays if we are on Tuesday through Saturday, just that the feeling of it won't feel right when we've always been paid overtime on Saturdays.

Another way of looking at it is that we apply a different value to Saturdays than we do Modays. Saturdays are far more important to our personal lives. Yet we won't be paid any extra for killing off our most valuable day of the week.
Keep telling yourself Saturday's are more important. Millions of people work them including our competition.

The simple fact of the matter is the shoe is on the other foot now and you don't like it. I see the irony in it. That's all.

NXA

It wouldn't feel right working Saturday for straight time even with Monday off. When every Saturday you've ever worked was time and a half, it would be mentally tough to get past that.
I could deal with Tues - Sat. I would get grumpy about having Sunday and some random weekday off. Yeah I know some retail folks do exactly that. They should unionize.

JL 0513

Keep telling yourself Saturday's are more important. Millions of people work them including our competition.

The simple fact of the matter is the shoe is on the other foot now and you don't like it. I see the irony in it. That's all.

You don't have to tell me. I've worked weekends most of my adult life. Plus, I'm one of only a couple drivers in my center who signed up for on call Saturday air driving. But that's just 3 hours at time and half.

Becoming a UPS driver was the point in my life of getting a career job that was Monday through Friday so I thought I'd start getting some sort of life.

I wouldn't care that much if I didn't have a 2 and 4 year old. I don't get that much time all week so now we'd be looking at just Sunday's to piece together being a father. Not sure how much more absence my wife could take either. Just imagine the UPS driver divorce rate then!

I also fail to see what irony you are talking about.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You don't have to tell me. I've worked weekends most of my adult life. Plus, I'm one of only a couple drivers in my center who signed up for on call Saturday air driving. But that's just 3 hours at time and half.

Becoming a UPS driver was the point in my life of getting a career job that was Monday through Friday so I thought I'd start getting some sort of life.

I wouldn't care that much if I didn't have a 2 and 4 year old. I don't get that much time all week so now we'd be looking at just Sunday's to piece together being a father. Not sure how much more absence my wife could take either. Just imagine the UPS driver divorce rate then!

I also fail to see what irony you are talking about.
You can't spend Monday's with your kids?