UPS Uprising at Local 952!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Look man, I asked Patrick about this last time the reformers tried to use that and I advise you do so as well. Take everything EE says as half truth and go ask the local yourself. You know there are two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth. If you really want to work on making this local better that is the first step.
Well there you go. You can believe what P tells you or you can believe the LM-2 reports that P has to file with the federal government every year. He is lying to one of you.

LagunaBrown

The "blinders" of the followers are astonishing. The future of 952 is at stake. Mismanagement cannot be ignored. Times are changing and having a local that is bleeding cash just because they got a couple of popular guys running the show isnt going to cut it.

This time around Laguna, you have plenty of pizzed off UPSers ready to strike back at ANYONE who voted for this contract at the local level.

Forget about the past elections, that means nothing in todays climate.

Time will tell if 396 or 63 takes your local over, or the IBT places it into trusteeship and the local leaders ousted. Right now, the contract comes first and that isnt going well either.

I am sure you wont vote again and make tons of excuses why you didnt vote a second time, and then come back onto this board and offer your "sound" advice, but let time take its course.

When your local is broken up and parceled out to 63 and 396, we can talk then. Just remember, you might just have to bring your issues to me at that point, so you'd better play nice.

Peace

TOS

T.O.S. why is there a red "Troll" Tag next to your name again?

LagunaBrown

Like I said, Better play nice. Our futures may cross one day. You may not like it, buy your not in my local, yet.

Peace

TOS

Well I guess the world needs dreamers like TOS..... You need a merger and to win an election. Since you know my name and too scared to tell me yours I'd say you got a long way to go.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well I guess the world needs dreamers like TOS..... You need a merger and to win an election. Since you know my name and too scared to tell me yours I'd say you got a long way to go.

Just remember, my local isnt full of lapdogs who stay loyal despite the obvious. Our local is full of angry Teamsters who understand how they are being negatively affected by this contract. We WILL see change in local 396 and that you can take to the bank.

We will hold the local officers responsible for this contract no matter how it works out.

The merger is being discussed, and our election is a year away.

Stay tuned.

Peace

TOS

Inthegame

...When your local is broken up and parceled out to 63 and 396, we can talk then. Just remember, you might just have to bring your issues to me at that point, so you'd better play nice.

Peace

TOS
So TOS is running for the PO job and threatens members that don't support her? How do you expect to win when that gets out?

LagunaBrown

Like I said, Better play nice. Our futures may cross one day. You may not like it, buy your not in my local, yet.

Peace

TOS

Awww.... That's sweet talking about playing nice and our futures crossing one day..........Your my little REY of sunshine.... ;)

By the way lets get something straight... Its not your local its Ron's Local but good luck with that.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Awww.... That's sweet talking about playing nice and our futures crossing one day..........Your my little REY of sunshine.... ;)

By the way lets get something straight... Its not your local its Ron's Local but good luck with that.

Aww, how sweet, a pun. Here's one, I'll think i'll go grab myself a fig NEWTON and some milk.

Peace

TOS

realbrown1

See, that's the difference between you OG blind followers and us.
You think the locals belong to the elected representatives.
We know the locals belong to the membership.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Exactly. Guys like LB believe the locals are "owned" by the officers presently in charge and have a right to retain ownership, when in fact, they are the safeguards "we" elect on our behalfs.

When it goes wrong, those in charge get replaced.

The local belongs to the membership and the membership only. No one has a right to remain there unless the membership puts them there.

Our guys (H/phillips) are watching the sand slip down the hourglass. While members walk up to them while they are in the yards, behind their backs they are being mother***ked as they walk out.

"We" the members will decide who will lead us in the future and officers who believe they have cement shoes and cannot be replaced have another thing coming in the next election cycle.

Time will tell. Thanks for pointing this out realbrown.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

Let me school you again since you are new to this.... Go look up the definition of apathy then see what the voter turnout is at each local and at national elections. I know who you are and I know you don't go to the general membership meetings and not involved in the local either. Our Business Agent and I have made it a point to have very informative parking lot meeting (with donuts and coffee) at UPS to get more members involved and 50% of the members don't care enough to walk 20ft from the guard shack to a table that is stacked with contract information on, Legal trust, Kin Care, FMLA, and much more. (I will be sure to bring every flyer when your campaigning showing how active WE are for the members). Ask yourself do members really care or would they rather go massage their loads off the clock. This is why your TDU reform slate will lose and proves guys like you and TOS are just talkers trying to use negativity to win the hearts of members. If you really care about the membership why don't you spend less time on BC and more time with us, where things really get done.
Coastfinal copy.jpg

realbrown1

Let me school you again since you are new to this.... This is why your TDU reform slate will lose and proves guys like you and TOS are just talkers trying to use negativity to win the hearts of members. If you really care about the membership why don't you spend less time on BC and more time with us, where things really get done.

Like the bankrupting of local 952??

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Let me school you again since you are new to this.... Go look up the definition of apathy then see what the voter turnout is at each local and at national elections. I know who you are and I know you don't go to the general membership meetings and not involved in the local either. Our Business Agent and I have made it a point to have very informative parking lot meeting (with donuts and coffee) at UPS to get more members involved and 50% of the members don't care enough to walk 20ft from the guard shack to a table that is stacked with contract information on, Legal trust, Kin Care, FMLA, and much more. (I will be sure to bring every flyer when your campaigning showing how active WE are for the members). Ask yourself do members really care or would they rather go massage their loads off the clock. This is why your TDU reform slate will lose and proves guys like you and TOS are just talkers trying to use negativity to win the hearts of members. If you really care about the membership why don't you spend less time on BC and more time with us, where things really get done.

Who Exactly are you schooling? You stand in front of the hub with coffee and donuts and that makes you an expert? Why dont you show everyone a copy of your ballot that you didnt send in? "Youre" the guy with all the answers? Youre not smart enough to cast a ballot.

Let me "school" YOU on a little something. Voter Apathy applies when voters dont care, or are disengaged from the conversation. But, when challenged or affected directly, voter turnout is greater.

Lets take the national elections for president. The GOP/Right Wing Kooks brought out a heavy campaign against then candidate Obama, this coming after the worse 8 years for americans since the great depression. The combination of rhetoric and personal effect brought out record numbers of voters in all states. The direction of the nation was changed.

in 2012, once again, the GOP/Right Wing kook factory brought out the nonsense and the now president was relected, hands down. People were doing better and the rhetoric wasnt working.

In our elections, ALL the members are now affected. Its no longer "segmental", or affecting a small percentage of the members. We now have 100% of us in the same boat. This will INCREASE voter turnout and the rhetoric about TDU, haters, reformers or any other label you and the others want to use will have no effect on change.

Voter turnout is already HIGHER bro in this contract than in the last, and in the second vote, you will see an even larger turnout, well except for you, cause I doubt you have the wherewithall to get a ballot or cast one. Hey, but I bet you hand out a tasty donut!

Voter apathy isnt something you will see this time around in local elections. A year from now, as in my local, members will have already spent thousands of dollars on healthcare, and there isnt anyone who will forget that.

Better run to the donut shop for now Tim, I think you have found something your actually good at.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

Once again Rey (TOS) your a Internet hero spewing negative talk and no action (nice troll tag). What have you done besides fail as a business agent and a trustee? Read the flyer and see what you get with the coffee and donuts... Maybe a donut pillow and some ensure would be more your style. Lol! Get a clue and worry about "your" local and keep your cancer out of mine!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Once again Rey (TOS) your a Internet hero spewing negative talk and no action (nice troll tag). What have you done besides fail as a business agent and a trustee? Read the flyer and see what you get with the coffee and donuts... Maybe a donut pillow and some ensure would be more your style. Lol! Get a clue and worry about "your" local and keep your cancer out of mine!

The "cancer" is already set in your local as it is in mine. As for you donut boy, people taking advice from a guy who couldnt even cast a ballot in the most important contract of our time is the same as looking at the end of a barrel of a loaded gun with one hand on the trigger.

You are the "last" person to be giving any advice on this contract.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

The "cancer" is already set in your local as it is in mine. As for you donut boy, people taking advice from a guy who couldnt even cast a ballot in the most important contract of our time is the same as looking at the end of a barrel of a loaded gun with one hand on the trigger.

You are the "last" person to be giving any advice on this contract.

Peace

TOS

You calling names and providing Zero proof (of you doing anything positive) shows your a fraud. Don't worry I wont cry to the moderators like you did. HA HA HA HA! Now go do something positive and tell RealBrown1 how to read an LM-2.

realbrown1

You calling names and providing Zero proof (of you doing anything positive) shows your a fraud. Don't worry I wont cry to the moderators like you did. HA HA HA HA! Now go do something positive and tell RealBrown1 how to read an LM-2.
On an LM-2, where it says "NET ASSETS" and P.K. lists 952 as having -$17000.
What does that mean Laguna?