UPS Uprising at Local 952!

LagunaBrown

The firing of the BA will save about $105k a year plus his expense acount and benefits. So a rough est. would be $160k per year. But that won't really show up on the LM-2 until the 2014 year. Because I guarantee you that he had about a year of vacation pay coming and maybe severance.
When our last BA at UPS was fired, he cashed out a year of vacation. When our last President retired in early Jan 2011, he made well over $100k for that year. These guys seem to have jobs that just keeps on giving long after they are gone.
And as for the slush fund, I would like to see where that is hidden on the LM-2's. There are places that are very generic in their discription.

Realbrown1 Maybe you should worry about how dumb you look handing out those flyers instead of entertaining the idea of a "slush fund"..... I warned you about those reform guys but you didn't listen. Have you even realized the 2008 to 2012 period was the Great Recession (Now do you get the comparison to Local 805)? So what's the next topic since your LM-2 argument failed......... I know it can't be representation because the union did get you your job back a few years ago. Will it be salaries? Call you TDU hero D for some more bad info and we will set you straight on the truth.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Realbrown1 Maybe you should worry about how dumb you look handing out those flyers instead of entertaining the idea of a "slush fund"..... I warned you about those reform guys but you didn't listen. Have you even realized the 2008 to 2012 period was the Great Recession (Now do you get the comparison to Local 805)? So what's the next topic since your LM-2 argument failed......... I know it can't be representation because the union did get you your job back a few years ago. Will it be salaries? Call you TDU hero D for some more bad info and we will set you straight on the truth.
You have it all wrong. It is looking like Reform952 will take our building big. Last time there were alot of P.K. supporters that just wouldn't budge. Now it seems, he has no support at least in my center. Last time, I got guys saying that they just couldn't vote against P.K.
No it seem that January isn't fast enough to get him out.

stink219

Realbrown got canned up? On what level of the hierarchy scale? I doubt it was hostile work environment. Probably indecent exposure.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I see no allocation as alleged to any "slush" fund in L952.

As i said, "backdoor" contributions. Read between the lines slick. You would have to be on the "inside" to understand what I am talking about, and your not.

Let me ask all you "union" experts a question. In another thread, a poster asked " where does all the union dues money go"..

Well, let me share another little tidbit for you to chew on. When you earn a paycheck, you have to pay Fed taxes, State taxes, Fica etc etc...., and this comes right out of your check.

Well, when you are an officer, you dont pay state taxes, the union pays that for you with dues money. So, on your check, you see no deductions for state taxes. An officer can claim ZERO on his state withholdings, and have the maximum withdrawn and the union dues pays for it, then at the end of the year, take all the deductions humanly possible and recieve a giant refund from the state. What a deal.

How many of you knew this? Do you think youre going to find this on the LM2 as well?

Amatuers.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

What amazes me about what you post is the lack of reality contained within them. "the great recession?" occurred between 2008 and 2012?

Really? Maybe you should know that the "great recession" started in january of 2007 and was officially over at the end of 2009. Negative GDP determines a recession, and once BUSHWACK got out of office this country started to turn around.

Thats a nice attempt at making an excuse for the deficits though, who told you that, PK himself?

Have a donut bro, your ballot isnt in the mail.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

What amazes me about what you post is the lack of reality contained within them. "the great recession?" occurred between 2008 and 2012?

Really? Maybe you should know that the "great recession" started in january of 2007 and was officially over at the end of 2009. Negative GDP determines a recession, and once BUSHWACK got out of office this country started to turn around.

Thats a nice attempt at making an excuse for the deficits though, who told you that, PK himself?

Have a donut bro, your ballot isnt in the mail.

Peace

TOS

Wow. No wonder you failed as a BA and trustee. Two years and the great recession was back to a acceptable Economic recovery and all good? Ask all you co workers an customers that lost their homes or buisness if that one is true. Have you lost you mind? Go back to 396 with that garbage.

stink219

As i said, "backdoor" contributions. Read between the lines slick. You would have to be on the "inside" to understand what I am talking about, and your not.

TOS

This is complete fabrication.
"Back door"
"side deal"
"read between the lines"
These are just hype words. The facts are that you are guessing son. You have zero knowledge of what goes into running a local.
And thanks again for the neg rep princess. I'll get it back from my brothers 20 fold, because they are awesome and your not. Did you really need to curse at me? I can make you look foolish without cursing at you. It's because of intelligence. Don't forget, I'm so smart that I can poop out a Rubix Cube.........Solved!

LagunaBrown

You have it all wrong. It is looking like Reform952 will take our building big. Last time there were alot of P.K. supporters that just wouldn't budge. Now it seems, he has no support at least in my center. Last time, I got guys saying that they just couldn't vote against P.K.
No it seem that January isn't fast enough to get him out.

Well you will need it because that reform hype wore off in Laguna.

realbrown1

Well you will need it because that reform hype wore off in Laguna.
I think we got Laguna locked up. Too bad youmm don't vote.
Anaheim is looking good too. P.K. isn't popular at all right now and I don't think the MOU is going to save him.

LagunaBrown

I think we got Laguna locked up. Too bad youmm don't vote.
Anaheim is looking good too. P.K. isn't popular at all right now and I don't think the MOU is going to save him.

It is clear by your posts you slate is all hype and are unqualified to run a Local. Go back and re-read how you and TOS have been getting owned.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It is clear by your posts you slate is all hype and are unqualified to run a Local. Go back and re-read how you and TOS have been getting owned.

LB, the only thing you have managed to own the both of us on, is passing out coffee and donuts and failing to vote in the most important contract in UPS history.

Your loyalties are to yourself before your brothers and sisters. Your advice is useless and it cannot be said enough how much of a failure you are as a shop steward for failing to cast a ballot or insuring that you even got a ballot.

You can stand out front with the current crew and pretend to be a part of the action. Your reform groups in 952 are doing more than you are, they all voted and they are all informed on the condition of your local.

You on the other hand, want to limit the information to the members, want to muddy the waters on the information with excuses and want to keep people stuck with the same people who clearly are not making the best decisions for the locals finances.

You give yourself a giant pat on the back for your contributions on this thread, but instead of accepting the realities of your failures, you attempt to prop yourself up with nonsense.

These upcoming elections in the southwest will result in complete removals of officers in many locals. Its about the people, the union members who are affected by these horrible decisions by local leaders in this contract. The loss of our superior health coverage and having to settle for something far less and more expensive than what we had before is something you or the officers cant explain away.

As for me, once this contract is settled, and you and I are stuck with crappy insurance, the membership will be outraged and the call for change will be the conversation throughout all our southern california hubs.

Good luck crossing your fingers waiting for the "carve out".

Peace

TOS

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Those reformers passed out literature to people recommending them to vote NO on the garbage TA.

They got involved. LagunaBrown pushed for a YES vote.

In the end, the NO vote won by more than 2 to 1 at Local 952.

LagunaBrown

LB, the only thing you have managed to own the both of us on, is passing out coffee and donuts and failing to vote in the most important contract in UPS history.

Your loyalties are to yourself before your brothers and sisters. Your advice is useless and it cannot be said enough how much of a failure you are as a shop steward for failing to cast a ballot or insuring that you even got a ballot.

You can stand out front with the current crew and pretend to be a part of the action. Your reform groups in 952 are doing more than you are, they all voted and they are all informed on the condition of your local.

You on the other hand, want to limit the information to the members, want to muddy the waters on the information with excuses and want to keep people stuck with the same people who clearly are not making the best decisions for the locals finances.

You give yourself a giant pat on the back for your contributions on this thread, but instead of accepting the realities of your failures, you attempt to prop yourself up with nonsense.

These upcoming elections in the southwest will result in complete removals of officers in many locals. Its about the people, the union members who are affected by these horrible decisions by local leaders in this contract. The loss of our superior health coverage and having to settle for something far less and more expensive than what we had before is something you or the officers cant explain away.

As for me, once this contract is settled, and you and I are stuck with crappy insurance, the membership will be outraged and the call for change will be the conversation throughout all our southern california hubs.

Good luck crossing your fingers waiting for the "carve out".

Peace

TOS

Lol!!! I was at the nomination meeting today and only 4 of the 7 Reformers on their slate were there. They got laughed at a few time but mostly for not knowing how to accept nominations. Do you really think anyone wants clueless leaders? Once again I give you valid information and all you give is an opinion.........You can hype it up all you want but you are not a member of 952 and got your own business to worry about at 396. Thanks for trying though.

LagunaBrown

Local 952 is bankrupt!

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about as it has been proven in this thread that statement is a LIE. Why is one reformer (Hoffa Sux) saying the local is bankrupt and the other reformer (realbrown1) saying we are not? Seriously this is too easy making you guys look foolish (even while enjoying donuts and coffee). :)

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about as it has been proven in this thread that statement is a LIE. Why is one reformer (Hoffa Sux) saying the local is bankrupt and the other reformer (realbrown1) saying we are not? Seriously this is too easy making you guys look foolish (even while enjoying donuts and coffee). :)
Idiots

realbrown1

I have said we are close to bankruptcy. If we continue too spend more than we take in we are 6 to 18 months away from BK.
I also notice that you never talk about our local's finances. You always seem to try to deflect from any talk on our finances? You must be worried that it is hitting big with the membership.

LagunaBrown

I have said we are close to bankruptcy. If we continue too spend more than we take in we are 6 to 18 months away from BK.
I also notice that you never talk about our local's finances. You always seem to try to deflect from any talk on our finances? You must be worried that it is hitting big with the membership.

What? I told you we have millions in property, 2 staff members are no longer with the Local and your complaint about finances are effected by the Great Recession. You just don't listen. We are no where near bankruptcy so stop fooling the members so you can get elected. Is the teamsters a non profit organization anyway?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What? I told you we have millions in property, 2 staff members are no longer with the Local and your complaint about finances are effected by the Great Recession. You just don't listen. We are no where near bankruptcy so stop fooling the members so you can get elected. Is the teamsters a non profit organization anyway?

How many times have you been told already that "WE" agree that the local "isnt" in bankruptcy, but on the way, heading, looking like, most probable and most likely going to be in bankruptcy unless the Joint Council acts and your local is split and dissolved.

The "great recession"... is this your battle cry for your leadership?

Do you even know what a recession is? Cause, apparently you dont since the official "recession" ended in late 2009 when GDP went positive.

As for real estate holdings. Yes, the local owns "millions" of dollars of property, but thats on PAPER. If the local bought a piece of property back in 2003 for 1.5 million, today , that property is less than a million and closer to 800K. If it was sold genius, the local would LOSE another 400K.

Holding property and selling it to stay afloat are two entirely different things.

Losing 2 staff members isnt going to make up several hundred thousand dollars in deficits. Just because a Non Profit is called a Non Profit, that isnt a green light to lose money ya goof.

Its time to quell the piehole and let the members decide the fate of local 952. The only problem is, as the election moves forward, if it looks like PK and the boys may go down, the Joint Council will act first, place the local into trusteeship, cancel the election, appoint a trustee and then decide whether or not to hold new elections or dissolve your local alltogether.

NO local has the right to lose money. NO local has the right to run a business into the ground while wasting Union dues money OWNED by the members.

You may think so, but then again, you hand out donuts.

Peace

TOS

Your signature is a joke. You act like you are a martyr. Actually you act like you are one of the great ones. Lol. You do realize this is a website/message board? Right? With a signature like this it's like you guys are apostles and TOS is Jesus. Lol. I'd delete that one its freaking hilarious.