Urban Meyer

But Michigan state will keep the door closed.

As I said last year. Still who has OSU played? Why not give northern illinois a shot too they haven't lost. Can we just fast forward 10-15 years to a real 8 team playoff where we may actually know who is really the best.
I wish we could but we are coming for you. We will only get better and better ever year with big Urb at the helm.

oldngray

nowhere special
OSU easily deserves to play FSU for NC. FSU scares me because I think they are probably a little better. OSU can beat them if the defense shows up but even if they do all of the SEC trolls will jump in whining "well they didn't beat an SEC team". SEC is definitely down this year and OSU would beat Auburn or Alabama. Missouri is better than those two and would be a good game but Mizzou isn't a "real" SEC team.

CharleyHustle

But Michigan state will keep the door closed.

As I said last year. Still who has OSU played? Why not give northern illinois a shot too they haven't lost. Can we just fast forward 10-15 years to a real 8 team playoff where we may actually know who is really the best.

MSU has the defense this year, but their offense is still suspect.

The "best" team doesn't always win a tournament, a playoff will crown a champion, but not always determine the best team.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
OSU easily deserves to play FSU for NC. FSU scares me because I think they are probably a little better. OSU can beat them if the defense shows up but even if they do all of the SEC trolls will jump in whining "well they didn't beat an SEC team". SEC is definitely down this year and OSU would beat Auburn or Alabama. Missouri is better than those two and would be a good game but Mizzou isn't a "real" SEC team.

Mizzou is in the SEC for the next 50+ years at what point do they become a "real" SEC team?

FSU looks like the best team this. OSU hasn't lost a game in two years but if they play FSU I would honestly be surprised if its closer than 20 points.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not that I really care (neither SEC or Big 10 fan), but everything I have seen as far as common opponents outside their conference, the Big 10 is the weakest in the last 50 years and SEC is about on PAR.
The PAC-12 has done well outside their conference as well.

A joke I heard about Alabama:
Everyone is suppose to set their clocks back one second for Daylight Sabin Time.

Brownslave688

Drinking away your sorrows 407? I am lol. Giving up 60 points to an option team sucks but auburn looked unstoppable today.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think auburn will beat FSU. I kinda like watching them run the football.
That could happen ... nothing like peaking at the right time.
Auburn has gotten better every week.

The 4 week layoff will cloudy up the crystal balls a bit though but seems everyone is calling for a close game.

Brownslave688

That could happen ... nothing like peaking at the right time.
Auburn has gotten better every week.

The 4 week layoff will cloudy the crystal balls a bit though but seems everyone is calling for a close game.
It will be interesting to see if fsu can figure out the triple option with a month to prepare. It will also be interesting to see how they handle a close game.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
OSU easily deserves to play FSU for NC. FSU scares me because I think they are probably a little better. OSU can beat them if the defense shows up but even if they do all of the SEC trolls will jump in whining "well they didn't beat an SEC team".

SEC is definitely down this year and OSU would beat Auburn or Alabama. .

Sorry about the results on Saturday.

What do you think about OSU matched up against Clemson?
Seems like a suckass match up as OSU is much better.
An Alabama - OSU match up would have been a great match up.
Clemson versus Oklahoma would be better too.

Brownslave688

You are giving osu a lot of credit. I think Clemson has a decent shot. With a month layoff though it's more about coaches finding weaknesses than who is more talented.

oldngray

nowhere special

I think OSU should beat Clemson but even if they win they won't gain much respect because Clemson is not that highly regarded. I had wished OSU would be playing an SEC team to see how they really match up with one of those teams on the field, but it is what it is.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

0 for 2 on that one.
Guess I'll stick to retirement.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The big ten is terrible. Who has Ohio state played? I wish Ohio state could play for the title they would be waxed.
The Big 10 wound up 2 - 5 in Bowl Games and Ohio State lost to the 3rd best team in a weak ACC (other than FSU).

I remember a sports analyst saying the Big 10 was the weakest it had been in 50 years. Looks like he was right.

Brownslave688

The Big 10 wound up 2 - 5 in Bowl Games and Ohio State lost to the 3rd best team in a weak ACC (other than FSU).

I remember a sports analyst saying the Big 10 was the weakest it had been in 50 years. Looks like he was right.
Being validated sure feels good.

oldngray

nowhere special

OSU was so banged up I'm kind of surprised they kept it as close as they did. They started the season thin on defense after losing almost all starters from last year, then lost about half the new starters. Miller getting hurt (cracked ribs and shoulder) during game was the difference I think. He tried to play but Meyer should have sent in Guidon who is an excellent backup QB.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
OSU can beat them if the defense shows up but even if they do all of the SEC trolls will jump in whining "well they didn't beat an SEC team". SEC is definitely down this year and OSU would beat Auburn or Alabama. Missouri is better than those two and would be a good game but Mizzou isn't a "real" SEC team.
Not that I really care (neither SEC or Big 10 fan), but everything I have seen as far as common opponents outside their conference, the Big 10 is the weakest in the last 50 years and SEC is about on PAR.
The PAC-12 has done well outside their conference as well.

I saw something today on bowls and conferences and it jogged my memory about our discussion:

The SEC wound up with 7 teams in the final Top 25 and 8-3 in the bowls.
The PAC wound up with 6 teams in the final Top 25 and 6-3 in the bowls

Then the rest of the conferences with 3 in the Top 25 -
ACC, and 4-5 in bowls.
Big 12 and 3-3 in bowls.
Big 10, and 2-5 in bowls.

The American Conference did pretty well with CFL and Louisville in Top 25 and 2-0 in bowls.

I saw something today on bowls and conferences and it jogged my memory about our discussion:

The SEC wound up with 7 teams in the final Top 25 and 8-3 in the bowls.
The PAC wound up with 6 teams in the final Top 25 and 6-3 in the bowls

Then the rest of the conferences with 3 in the Top 25 -
ACC, and 4-5 in bowls.
Big 12 and 3-3 in bowls.
Big 10, and 2-5 in bowls.

The American Conference did pretty well with CFL and Louisville in Top 25 and 2-0 in bowls.
Don't remind me. You like to throw salt in my wounds?