Vacation Denied

TheKid99

Not trying to derail the thread

But I will have my year in september

My supervisor said I had to wait until september to pick my vacation on the sheet

is that true?

QKRSTKR

To the OP. I think your getting hosed. Get a steward. Hubs don't go by how many people in the hub have off. Goes by your belt pd, quad, irregulars, whatever.
Talk to the boss with a steward. If the boss doesn't fix it then file a greivance with the steward.

By The Book

Are you talking about Memorial Day week? Good luck with that.

fordno16

To the OP. I think your getting hosed. Get a steward. Hubs don't go by how many people in the hub have off. Goes by your belt pd, quad, irregulars, whatever.
Talk to the boss with a steward. If the boss doesn't fix it then file a greivance with the steward.
====================

Thanks for the reply. That is what my stewards had told me originally...that it doesn't matter how many people are off that week hub-wide. They said my only concern would be how many people in my area (metro unload) have that week off, which is only 1, not including me.

fordno16

I still think this is best
===

My plan is to go about things the right away. Been a good employee for 6 years, hardly ever call in, always on time, never been disclipined, part-time sups like me and have my back.

I play by the rules and expect mgmt. to do the same. If not, I'll find ways to work around them. They've set a precedent at my hub that calling in (repeatedly), coming in late (repeatedly), not showing up for a WEEK, cannot get you fired or at least it doesn't at my hub.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
===

My plan is to go about things the right away. Been a good employee for 6 years, hardly ever call in, always on time, never been disclipined, part-time sups like me and have my back.

I play by the rules and expect mgmt. to do the same. If not, I'll find ways to work around them. They've set a precedent at my hub that calling in (repeatedly), coming in late (repeatedly), not showing up for a WEEK, cannot get you fired or at least it doesn't at my hub.
Lol that precedent can change whenever.

fordno16

...and it will really piss off your co-workers...
=====

Could care less about them, really. I work with 9 guys. 4 of which are newbies. 2 guys that are habitual offenders, calling in constantly, coming in late. The others, work slow to milk the clock to get their hours while I bust ass cus I wanna get home.

1 of our repeat offenders just in the last 4 weeks has called in on a Monday one week, showed up every day the next, the next week called in thursday and friday, worked the entire next week, and then called in this Monday. 4 times in that period...no warning letter, nothing. This is after me seeing him do this for years! The other guy, just as bad...even was able to not show up for a whole week and keep his job.

Yeah, not concerned.

fordno16

Lol that precedent can change whenever.
====

Yeah, that is funny, lol lol lol lol.

And what can they really do? Calling in twice only gives me 2 occurrences within a 90 day period. They cannot deny me my personal holidays as long as the 4 guys above haven't already requested them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
====

Yeah, that is funny, lol lol lol lol.

And what can they really do? Calling in twice only gives me 2 occurrences within a 90 day period. They cannot deny me my personal holidays as long as the 4 guys above haven't already requested them.
The can make your life a living hell. Every location is different but calling in because you can't get a vacation especially before a holiday is just asking for trouble and pretty childish.

It's a freaking vacation it's not worth it.

fordno16

The can make your life a living hell. Every location is different but calling in because you can't get a vacation especially before a holiday is just asking for trouble and pretty childish.

It's a freaking vacation it's not worth it.
====

Yes, it is worth it. Living hell? Doubtful. Every location is different? I guess I must work in one of those REALLY "different" locations because everything you claim may happen has NEVER happened to these two fools i work with.