Vacation pay after disability

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jds1973, Sep 7, 2016.

1. jds1973

jds1973 New Member

I was on short term disability from April to August. I had 4 weeks of vacation during these months. I was told I couldn't get vacation pay while I was collecting STD. I have been back to work for 5 weeks and still haven't been paid for them. Sup has told me each week it should be with this weeks check and each week still no pay. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm in local 710.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Did you schedule the vacation in advance of your STD? I had surgery in January, scheduled 4 weeks of vacation and received both vacation pay and STD.

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Gender surgery?

4. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

I am also in 710. I was out on comp for 2 months this spring and was told that I couldn't "double dip" and get a comp check and a vacation check for the same week.

They told me that I could reschedule my vacations when I got back to work. Like we have the coverage to make that happen?!

I told them I am taking the week after Christmas then.

I think they have to pay off any unused vacation time at the beginning of December if they can't give you the time off.

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Can I have what they cut off?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Wally

Could be gall bladder?

7. UpstateNYUPSer

It was 3' of bowel.

Still want it?

8. Wally

Might be too big for his "needs"?

9. jds1973

jds1973 New Member

Yes. I was also told you could not receive disability benefits and vacation at the same time.

10. jds1973

jds1973 New Member

Don't understand how they can just wait until December to pay for vacations that were already scheduled. Should be able to collect them when a you return to work.

11. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

Are they going to reschedule your vacations?

12. UpstateNYUPSer

Creative vacation scheduling is the key.

13. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

You get vacation pay while on disability in cs

14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

When I was off for my first stint of 5 months on STD for my broken arm last year and my gall bladder out and another 7 weeks off, I got all my vacation that was due to me. The only thing I did not get was my holidays paid in that time.

15. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

It depends on the comp law for the state that you reside.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

Comp and disability are not one in the same so, no, it does not depend upon the comp law for the state that you reside.