Volume shortage

BrownFury

Well I been noticing, on my retail side of my business, FedEX is now delivering packages that I used to deliver a couple months ago. My bulk stops have gone way down.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Especially when kids are supporting lifestyles by just getting on tiktok and flailing around like a mongoloid. The future is now old man, better snap to or you’re going to be left behind.
They can move forward toward their own brain dead destruction if it means being left behind. I enjoy my privacy anyways and don’t even have social media besides frequenting anonymous Nepalese underwater snorkeling forums. We have the technology to be connected with one another and yet we are as disconnected from each other as ever.

DOK

I get that to an extent. If you got hired as a driver, even as a T-S driver, you expect to work T-S. People got bills to pay, and when they get dicked around they quit. Can’t blame them. Can’t take a second job because they want to give this one a honest chance then don’t get the hours.

The money/benefits/pension can be worth it in the long run but they aren’t giving people the chance make it a lot of times.
It sucks, we had to call in each morning to see if there was driving work or not, not sure if they still do this, it was a day to day thing that could last a couple years. Todays job market is better than it was way back then so it’s understandable when they quit.

JustDeliverIt

It sucks, we had to call in each morning to see if there was driving work or not, not sure if they still do this, it was a day to day thing that could last a couple years. Todays job market is better than it was way back then so it’s understandable when they quit.

Our PT cover drivers still are told to call in daily. If there isn’t anything some still try and come in and ask drivers if they want to go home. But they get sick of that real quick.

And you’re right, there is a labor shortage. So if UPS isn’t going to work out there are plenty of places to try.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Our PT cover drivers still are told to call in daily. If there isn’t anything some still try and come in and ask drivers if they want to go home. But they get sick of that real quick.

And you’re right, there is a labor shortage. So if UPS isn’t going to work out there are plenty of places to try.
Go back in building...

Johney

That’s a long time ago. I started in 1990
I started in 89, back then I believe it was 5 outside hires to 1 inside. Hell 90% of the drivers back then were off the street hires at least here. Out of the 6 driver jobs they filled in my building back then they were all off the street. The 1 insider bailed out in the first week.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box

Geez I remember at my center guys were told to show up to the center to see if they were working. Lol

Ya the labor shortages are at places where people dont want to toss french fries for 17 bones, I do believe cost of living is :censored2: but still better than nothing. whether or not these peoples life choices placed them into crap jobs at least they know their worth, it’s admirable…hell if a surgeon makes 300k a year why shouldn’t they?

Geez I remember at my center guys were told to show up to the center to see if they were working. Lol

Ya the labor shortages are at places where people dont want to toss french fries for 17 bones, I do believe cost of living is :censored2: but still better than nothing. whether or not these peoples life choices placed them into crap jobs at least they know their worth, it’s admirable…hell if a surgeon makes 300k a year why shouldn’t they?
If a surgeon makes $300k he/she is working three days a week and taking every other month off.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

:censored2:box roach apartments shouldn't be $1000+