Wall Street celebrates Teamsters deal with UPS

Dollar Chasing

Thank you. This is indeed what the contract says. I was aware of this when I wrote the article, but the language in the article did not reflect this fact. It is a replacement of new full-time job quotas, not pre-existing RPCDs, with the new hybrid positions. However, this still means that full time driving positions are under attack. Over time, the number and quality of RPCD positions will erode until the entire driver workforce consists of hyper-exploited drivers. If it cannot directly replace RPCDs, the union will simply cut the wage increases and health/pension benefits of them more than they already have.

Saying that the number will go down and replaced with 22.4s is just not true. As for pension and health benefits, yeah, we need to make sure they keep us taken care of on those. As for wage increases, how much more do you think we can go up before we hit the ceiling? I don’t know where it is, but I’m willing to guess it’s not far away. Problem is, a lot of the rank-and-file believes even this raise is paltry. There will come a point, and it will be soon, that we aren’t going to get any more money.

cachmeifucan

Anyone else notice this guy just rambles to himself most of the time?
Anyone noticed this guy never had any bright ideas. Hey buddy this is a forum to rant and get ideas out to others. I got a target on my back because I am a big mouth crap talking walking the walk I bet your weak as didn't even go to your last meeting and if you did. You were quite like a church mouse don't comment about me or reply or I will tag a comment on everything you ever post.

542thruNthru

Anyone noticed this guy never had any bright ideas. Hey buddy this is a forum to rant and get ideas out to others. I got a target on my back because I am a big mouth crap talking walking the walk I bet your weak as didn't even go to your last meeting and if you did. You were quite like a church mouse don't comment about me or reply or I will tag a comment on everything you ever post.

Lol! Wow that is one scary threat! I'm worried about what you might comment. A Wordsmith like yourself could eviscerate me easily over the internet! I'm shaking over here!

tenor-18.gif

Blackstream

As for wage increases, how much more do you think we can go up before we hit the ceiling? I don’t know where it is, but I’m willing to guess it’s not far away. Problem is, a lot of the rank-and-file believes even this raise is paltry. There will come a point, and it will be soon, that we aren’t going to get any more money.

How do you figure that when UPS raises the shipping costs of packages by like 5% every year? Between that and general inflation, if the top scale is still $30-40 20 years from now, this place will kind of be a :censored2:show. I'm assuming you're just talking about raises for top scale too, if they stopped giving raises to the little guys (PTers), this will become the worst of jobs.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A7AD22B5-A7E5-4086-A4B7-77FAF6E38CC9.gif