Warning Letter For a missed nda saver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by swing_drv, Jun 15, 2015.

1. swing_drv

swing_drv Member

I haven't been on this route in over 10 years. Was asked to run it because because of all the call ins. It also had a split on it, from the next town over that I have never delivered too. The nda saver only had the guys name show up in the DIAD the Business name was under his on the package. Well I never knew it was a Business and didn't get close too delivering it till after 5:00. I get back to the building and was told I will get a warning letter for this. Geez !!!!!!!!

2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Sounds a little extreme. Chances are it is most likely a threat and you won't hear any more about it.

3. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

Been driving ten years and you don't know how to CYA?

4. swing_drv

swing_drv Member

No been driving for 15 years. And I DON'T FUDGE ANY RECORDINGS!!!!

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

If it's late it's late. I would rather fight a late air discipline then an integrity termination.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Yeah, it's happened to me too. I'm always going through my commits around 2:30 double-checking now. lol

8. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

If you have been driving for 15 years and had a split in a town you didnt know,maybe it would have been a good idea to go through your commits before 1500,just sayin

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

10. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

Regardless who cares, its a warning letter not a prison sentence.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

I never said to "fudge " recordings. Like others on here posted, 2-2:30 go through your PC and if you're not sure about a saver then go deliver it.

12. FilingBluesFL

FilingBluesFL Well-Known Member

There's plenty of routes I've done where residential addresses end up having a commit time on them, because management would rather put a whole street in as a "commercial" instead of just the specific address.

Same goes for the opposite. Plenty of commercial addresses that never have a commit time despite getting a saver or 2 day AM.

They are just too lazy to fix :censored2:.

13. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Grieve it, reduce to talk with, move on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

Don't you just protest a warning letter? Grieve a suspension or termination.

Regardless I would have it ready and as they hand you the warning letter, hand your protest/grievance to your Steward right in from of them.

15. SaladTosser

SaladTosser Member

We get excused if we have a late commit that's from a split at my center

16. rod

rod retired and happy

We always said with a warning letter and 50 cents you could buy a cup of coffee.

17. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

That's just an excuse to give poor/no service that the shipper pays for. Another reason I'm hesitant, and not so gung ho to get sales leads. We as drivers need to do our jobs and stop asking our supervisors what to do! We know what to do! Just do it!

18. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

All your commit times should be in the diad, something's not right at your place.

19. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

No, you grieve everything. Progressive discipline in any form should always be grieved, otherwise you agree to what the company says when they bring your paperwork to panel. Discipline is used to change a behavior, this driver doesn't have a a habitual problem with air and the circumstances surrounding this air is questionable. This is how I would speak to the issuing manager while in the office with the member. Generally speaking, a manager worth his salt would see this driver doesn't deserve such harsh discipline given the circumstances, and a local hearing would waste the time of all involved.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Can you sent the letter to me , I still have some spaces left to cover in my outhouse .