WARNING!!! Picture Poster's Beware!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Heffe

Thats a good point. During the late 70's or so, there was a mass migration to Fedex from UPS at our center. They finally opened up a building in our area to complete the coverage in our area.

A fairly large group of drivers quit UPS and went FedEx. Many had 10-15 plus years. The management style here at the time was the largest reason.

At the time, we had paper records and pickup logs.

Every friday, the clerk would empty each of the pickup logs paperwork into the garbage and put in the new logs.

It would seem that one of our drivers collected the papers on his way home one friday night.

That information not only contained every pickup stop by name, it had their phone number, address, and the pickup volume for that week.

That transfer of knowledge base, coupled with the customer information killed our center volume for quite a while. Hard to put a dollar figure on it, but I would venture to say it was in the millions of dollars. And all just from our center.

That type of information leakage on a nation wide scale, I would be worth billions.

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think Merriam - Webster will have to add stug to their list of new words.
Stug (stug) v. To have something rammed into your behind without the courtesy of lubricant. My boss is going to stug me today. -ed I got stugged by the boss today! -ing I'm going to enjoy stugging all those paht-timahs tomorrah!
n. Steve Stug got stugged by the man.

You can thank me for quoting you out of context!

upsdude

Dang it! I just read this, had no idea!

Cheryl, do you or BC have a PayPal account? If so, I suggest we all make a small contribution. Cheryl could in turn forward the money to a certain driver in Florida to help offset a loss of income.

I agree with Trick, posting pics of an unbelted sup brought down the hammer.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Dang it! I just read this, had no idea!

Cheryl, do you or BC have a PayPal account? If so, I suggest we all make a small contribution. Cheryl could in turn forward the money to a certain driver in Florida to help offset a loss of income.

I agree with Trick, posting pics of an unbelted sup brought down the hammer.

Thanks, dude, this post is worthy of a good repping.:peaceful:

gandydancer

Hopefully, that's the only termination letter any of us ever have to see.

Nah. I got one for being 3 minutes late, on the heels of a suspension letter for being 4 minutes late. They both got squelched at pre-panel, though, so I've never been bled money like Steve. Thought maybe I was being fired this year when they marched me out of the building between shifts, but was told to report back the next day, and I've got my grievance in for the guarantee...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Wow.

I'm way late to this thread, cant believe that Steve got suspended for >GASP< taking a picture of a UPS truck and a DIAD in a public place.

Oh the horror.

Whats really scary is that UPS is apparently paying some nitwit to monitor a website.

Sorry for your unpaid vacation. Bottom line is it wouldnt have been upheld at panel, and it sounds to me like your BA and local union did a crummy job of representing you, but with a wife and kids to support in this economy I dont blame you for making the choice you did.

My opinion is that it is a no-no to take pictures inside of a UPS facility, or to take pictures of individuals who dont know they are about to wind up in the Internet.

As far as the logo goes, if the truck is parked on the street its in a public place and anyone can take a picture of it.

BigBrownSanta

Nah. I got one for being 3 minutes late, on the heels of a suspension letter for being 4 minutes late. They both got squelched at pre-panel, though, so I've never been bled money like Steve. Thought maybe I was being fired this year when they marched me out of the building between shifts, but was told to report back the next day, and I've got my grievance in for the guarantee...

Well, hopefully that's the last one you'll ever have to see.:happy2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Wow.

I'm way late to this thread, cant believe that Steve got suspended for >GASP< taking a picture of a UPS truck and a DIAD in a public place.

Oh the horror.

Whats really scary is that UPS is apparently paying some nitwit to monitor a website.

Sorry for your unpaid vacation. Bottom line is it wouldnt have been upheld at panel, and it sounds to me like your BA and local union did a crummy job of representing you, but with a wife and kids to support in this economy I dont blame you for making the choice you did.

My opinion is that it is a no-no to take pictures inside of a UPS facility, or to take pictures of individuals who dont know they are about to wind up in the Internet.

As far as the logo goes, if the truck is parked on the street its in a public place and anyone can take a picture of it.

I absolutely agree, thanks sober.:happy2:

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Sorry to bring up an old thread - it was fascinating, and sad.

Only question - do I understand correctly that the straw (picture) that broke the camel's back was a pic of a sup driving with no seatbelt, bulkhead door open, posted here?

UPSNewbie

Only question - do I understand correctly that the straw (picture) that broke the camel's back was a pic of a sup driving with no seatbelt, bulkhead door open, posted here?

Posted on STUG's blog and advertised here, I believe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sup was in jump seat, no seat belt w/pass door open, writing on his clipboard and not at all prepared if Steve had to swerve or stop quickly. Pic showed sup in very unfavorable light.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Very important - I agree that giving Steve a vacation was way over the top - I agree whole-heartedly with the sentiment expressed in this thread that management could have found a MUCH better way to express thier displeasure - a simple sit-down, talk, etc. The punishment was wrong on many levels.

But....

What did you think the result would be? You can't say "nothing" - a picture was posted showing a sup doing a big no-no, and the souce of the pic was easily known. It is like lighting the fuse on a stick of dynamite, then being suprised when it blows up.

Instead, the picture could have been blackmail fodder, although I can't quite figure out the angle yet....:wink2:

UPSNewbie

To add some comedy: how in the world did Steve sneak the camera out and snap the shot while he was driving, without the sup noticing?

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
What I'm wondering is why they dont have anyone checking the "other site" because they have plenty of work pics over there....moreso than here