Washington Redskins change their name

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Actually genocide has been happening since the very first tribes roamed the earth .
It is as old as man itself .
So in reality you are only selecting one group over many others to hone your point .
When doing this , it ruins your entire line of thought .
To equate genocide to a named sports mascot makes you seem like a fool .

What makes a person a FOOL is to justify the beheading of one race of people and then supporting the very SLANG term assigned to that beheading just because a football team used the name.

That is truly foolish.

A mascot is suppose to be something that imitates a real life object.

There are NO redskin indian tribes.

Despite the fact that there is no legitimate use for the word REDSKIN and INDIANS in the same sentence, you too want to ignore the etymology of the term REDSKIN and reassign its intentions to suit your needs.

It matters not.

This circle jerk will go on and on endlessly as YOU reject reason and continue to hang on to emotion.

But, in reality, you know the truth. Indians in this country were being beheaded for money, men, women and children killed because they were REDSKINS that needed to be "exterminated" by the white man of the USA.

When the Governor of California congratulates the militia men for wiping out unarmed indian people and bringing their heads to the REDSKIN paymaster, this shows how little white people cared for other human beings or their feelings.

Same applies to you today.

You will not recognize the horror of this genocide or the terminology used to identify it, thus creating the etymology of the term REDSKIN, and instead will fight to keep using the term.

But in all fairness, i guess i can keep using the term White trash and apply it to you equally.

TOS.

Rainman

Its all good.
Ya ya... when at a loss of an argument, try to go for a personal attack..

Was this your finest response to the information I provided on the beheading of REDSKINS by white americans????/

Was your thought process provoked enough to make you "think" about it and give it a rational moment in your mind, that we shouldnt have "reminders" of ugly years past in our nations history??

Just because a football team started using the term when the nation didnt give a choot about the american indian, doesnt mean that it isnt a racial slur today.

You may want to ignore it, but other americans wont.

Try giving a thought process a try, rather than jumping onto the bandwagon like the rest of these dummies.

TOS.
One thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. You accuse others of racism, while you post more racist comments than anyone else I've seem on BC.

By the way, I'm part Cherokee. Those were my ancestors that were cheated, robbed, raped, and slaughtered. Why would I or others with native ancestry think what happened was right? You assume you know more than you actually do know.

To most people, the term Redskin means nothing more to them than to identify a football team. How many people do you hear referring to Native Americans as redskins? Where I live no one uses that term.

What happened 150 years ago was wrong. Murdering Native Americans, slavery, domestic rape, all were wrong. No one disagrees with those points. Times have changed and those things are no longer acceptable. I think everyone agrees with that.

As for reminders about wrong actions in the past, we need some of those. Otherwise, people will forget and history will be repeated. Murdering natives, the Holocaust, Jihad( this has happened many times over the centuries), all these things will be repeated in one form or another. We can't allow what happened to be forgotten or be viewed somehow as acceptable.

The issue here is your hypocrisy. And your hate filled posts. The content is accurate for the most part, minus your spin that you occasionally try to put on certain subjects. You post as if the world is unaware of what happened, and as if the rest of us are all idiots and you are the savior of the world by bringing things to light.

If you spent half the effort to do things to improve situations as you do posting and treating others as fools, then you would accomplish a great deal. As it is now, you only create more hate and negativity.

Try doing something constructive to improve situations, and you will be surprised to find out just how many people will come along side to help you and back you up. A lot of people are simply waiting for the right leader. Heck, if you were doing the right thing I might follow you and help you myself.

Ditch the hate and hypocrisy first.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When is the beheading of human beings an OK thing to do in any circumstance??

TOS.

Ask those poor "misunderstood" members of isis, they seem okay with it. How about we worry less about what happened hundreds of years ago, and instead focus on the attrocities going on right now in muslim land?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
One thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. You accuse others of racism, while you post more racist comments than anyone else I've seem on BC.

By the way, I'm part Cherokee. Those were my ancestors that were cheated, robbed, raped, and slaughtered. Why would I or others with native ancestry think what happened was right? You assume you know more than you actually do know.

To most people, the term Redskin means nothing more to them than to identify a football team. How many people do you hear referring to Native Americans as redskins? Where I live no one uses that term.

What happened 150 years ago was wrong. Murdering Native Americans, slavery, domestic rape, all were wrong. No one disagrees with those points. Times have changed and those things are no longer acceptable. I think everyone agrees with that.

As for reminders about wrong actions in the past, we need some of those. Otherwise, people will forget and history will be repeated. Murdering natives, the Holocaust, Jihad( this has happened many times over the centuries), all these things will be repeated in one form or another. We can't allow what happened to be forgotten or be viewed somehow as acceptable.

The issue here is your hypocrisy. And your hate filled posts. The content is accurate for the most part, minus your spin that you occasionally try to put on certain subjects. You post as if the world is unaware of what happened, and as if the rest of us are all idiots and you are the savior of the world by bringing things to light.

If you spent half the effort to do things to improve situations as you do posting and treating others as fools, then you would accomplish a great deal. As it is now, you only create more hate and negativity.

Try doing something constructive to improve situations, and you will be surprised to find out just how many people will come along side to help you and back you up. A lot of people are simply waiting for the right leader. Heck, if you were doing the right thing I might follow you and help you myself.

Ditch the hate and hypocrisy first.

Rainman, I am half Navajo Indian myself, my roots originating in the Arizona desert with the many tribes of the Grand Canyon. Along with the Hopi Indians, the Navajo people still remember what happened to their ancestors and also understand why they were placed in such a desolate hot place where they were expected to die off because of lack of water, crops or shelter.

I think you made my point here:

"To most people, the term Redskin means nothing more to them than to identify a football team. How many people do you hear referring to Native Americans as redskins?"

Without the "history" or etymology of the word, people today dont connect the two issues together. What I am saying is that this country has done all it can to cover this aspect of the Indian genocide quiet and secret from its citizens, and because of this, those "people" who you say think football team show how little they understand of the term.

While I see nothing wrong with a TEAM honoring a native tribe with a name, like The Blackfoot, or The Blackhawks, or The Seminoles, or The Mohawks, those are respectful and names worthy of legacy.

The TERM REDSKIN however, has NO PLACE in our vocabulary given its original roots, its use or foundation of application when it was created. It wasnt a WORD created by the tribes nor was it a word prior to the white mans existence in this country.

When the white man came to this country and took it by force, they showed zero respect for the people that lived here. Of course, we all know that genocide has existed for centuries, as even the Christian and Catholic churches did their fair share of killing over the centuries.

But, in this country, we are suppose to be a respectful nation, respectful of all the different kinds of people living here. When White men created the term Nggrr, it was openly used in a derrogatory fashion.. At some point in our history, we let the term go and white people no longer say that in public (well maybe except for superballs) and the term is no longer a staple in the white mans vocabulary.

The same should be of the term REDSKIN, which is also a white mans creation and derrogatory in connotation.

Regardless of what "people today" think, given the history and understanding what the origin of the word REDSKIN is, people should rethink the use and support its removal from our society.

Nobody can justify the use of the term REDSKIN associated with an Indian in a sentence properly.

Why not understand that white people may not find it offensive, but other people do find it offensive given the understanding and origins?

If I referred to white children as "crackers" constantly, wouldnt you find that offensive??

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ask those poor "misunderstood" members of isis, they seem okay with it. How about we worry less about what happened hundreds of years ago, and instead focus on the attrocities going on right now in muslim land?

psst,

white europeans were beheading people LONG BEFORE ISIS was ever a thought in someones mind.

Beheading is a WHITE MANS creation.

TOS.

Rainman

Its all good.
Rainman, I am half Navajo Indian myself, my roots originating in the Arizona desert with the many tribes of the Grand Canyon. Along with the Hopi Indians, the Navajo people still remember what happened to their ancestors and also understand why they were placed in such a desolate hot place where they were expected to die off because of lack of water, crops or shelter.

I think you made my point here:

"To most people, the term Redskin means nothing more to them than to identify a football team. How many people do you hear referring to Native Americans as redskins?"

Without the "history" or etymology of the word, people today dont connect the two issues together. What I am saying is that this country has done all it can to cover this aspect of the Indian genocide quiet and secret from its citizens, and because of this, those "people" who you say think football team show how little they understand of the term.

While I see nothing wrong with a TEAM honoring a native tribe with a name, like The Blackfoot, or The Blackhawks, or The Seminoles, or The Mohawks, those are respectful and names worthy of legacy.

The TERM REDSKIN however, has NO PLACE in our vocabulary given its original roots, its use or foundation of application when it was created. It wasnt a WORD created by the tribes nor was it a word prior to the white mans existence in this country.

When the white man came to this country and took it by force, they showed zero respect for the people that lived here. Of course, we all know that genocide has existed for centuries, as even the Christian and Catholic churches did their fair share of killing over the centuries.

But, in this country, we are suppose to be a respectful nation, respectful of all the different kinds of people living here. When White men created the term Nggrr, it was openly used in a derrogatory fashion.. At some point in our history, we let the term go and white people no longer say that in public (well maybe except for superballs) and the term is no longer a staple in the white mans vocabulary.

The same should be of the term REDSKIN, which is also a white mans creation and derrogatory in connotation.

Regardless of what "people today" think, given the history and understanding what the origin of the word REDSKIN is, people should rethink the use and support its removal from our society.

Nobody can justify the use of the term REDSKIN associated with an Indian in a sentence properly.

Why not understand that white people may not find it offensive, but other people do find it offensive given the understanding and origins?

If I referred to white children as "crackers" constantly, wouldnt you find that offensive??

TOS.
One of the best posts of yours that I've ever read. It gives me a greater insight than I had previously, making me rethink things.

As you said, genocide has existed for centuries, probably as long as people have existed. All people groups are guilty, white, black, Asian, Native Americans, Christian, Jew, Muslim, no one is innocent. Everyone has done it, but That doesn't make it right. The history books are written by the winners, so we shouldn't be surprised that this was all glossed over.

I respect your point of view, and agree that no one should have to deal with derogatory terms regarding their ancestry, skin color, or faith. The point I was making regarding the use of the term Redskin was that for most people living today the term is not regarded derogatory. I respect your feelings in this matter, and not trying to dissuade you from your opinion. Just making a statement regarding the majority of people and their reaction to the term. Not trying to argue.

My point with the post was that you have less credibility when you cause others of racism when you yourself make racist comments. That is hypocrisy, and that is hurting your cause, not helping it.

You are accurate in most of the facts in your posts. The way you come across really sux sometimes. The message you are delivering is good. If you really want to get the people on board with you, work on how you deliver the message.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
What makes a person a FOOL is to justify the beheading of one race of people and then supporting the very SLANG term assigned to that beheading just because a football team used the name.

That is truly foolish.

A mascot is suppose to be something that imitates a real life object.

There are NO redskin indian tribes.

Despite the fact that there is no legitimate use for the word REDSKIN and INDIANS in the same sentence, you too want to ignore the etymology of the term REDSKIN and reassign its intentions to suit your needs.

It matters not.

This circle jerk will go on and on endlessly as YOU reject reason and continue to hang on to emotion.

But, in reality, you know the truth. Indians in this country were being beheaded for money, men, women and children killed because they were REDSKINS that needed to be "exterminated" by the white man of the USA.

When the Governor of California congratulates the militia men for wiping out unarmed indian people and bringing their heads to the REDSKIN paymaster, this shows how little white people cared for other human beings or their feelings.

Same applies to you today.

You will not recognize the horror of this genocide or the terminology used to identify it, thus creating the etymology of the term REDSKIN, and instead will fight to keep using the term.

But in all fairness, i guess i can keep using the term White trash and apply it to you equally.

TOS.
You sort of left out that it was an Indian custom to scalp their dead enemies first.

Was it ok for Indians to scalp white people?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
psst,

white europeans were beheading people LONG BEFORE ISIS was ever a thought in someones mind.

Beheading is a WHITE MANS creation.

TOS.
Making stuff up again?

Beheading in Europe came into fad in the 1300's.

From the Koran and early Islamic histories which was about events in the 600's:

The Islamic Prophet Muhammad made use of beheading (such as the beheading of Nadr ibn al-Harith). He also ordered mass beheadings. Muhammad ordered his followers to attack the Banu Qurayza because according to Muslim tradition he had been ordered to do so by the angel Gabriel. Al-Waqidi claims Muhammad had a treaty with the tribe which was torn apart.

600-900 members of the Banu Qurayza were beheaded (Tabari, Ibn Hisham).Another source says all Males and 1 woman beheaded (Sunni Hadith). 2 Muslims were killed.

And before that, we all remember the beheading of John the Baptist.

Last edited:

wkmac

Making stuff up again?

Beheading in Europe came into fad in the 1300's.

From the Koran which was about events in the 600's:

The Islamic Prophet Muhammad made use of beheading (such as the beheading of Nadr ibn al-Harith). He also ordered mass beheadings. Muhammad ordered his followers to attack the Banu Qurayza because according to Muslim tradition he had been ordered to do so by the angel Gabriel. Al-Waqidi claims Muhammad had a treaty with the tribe which was torn apart.

600-900 members of the Banu Qurayza were beheaded (Tabari, Ibn Hisham).Another source says all Males and 1 woman beheaded (Sunni Hadith). 2 Muslims were killed.

And before that, we all remember the beheading of John the Baptist.

Something told me if I watched this thread long enough, someone would suggest a jewish conspiracy angle!

wkmac

I was waiting but no one jumped in.
It was the modern Jews that started the Mid-East use of terrorism.

Don't mess with the Jews!

Actually it was the jews about 3k years ago who used terrorism sanctioned by the head terrorist himself, Osama bin Yahweh, if one is inclined to accept the OT bible as history.
;)