We have to change the way they think of the hourly employee.

bbsam

Staff member
It isn't negativity. It's a bit of pessimism that people at Express will have the courage of their convictions. I think that is well deserved considering what hasn't happened over the years.

bbsam

Staff member
It isn't negativity. It's a bit of pessimism that people at Express will have the courage of their convictions. I think that is well deserved considering what hasn't happened over the years.
in fact, I would ask MFE and R1a of their honest opinion. Are Express drivers willing to do what it takes? How optimistic are you.

MAKAVELI

Bs again. When you say we could be fired for following policy and procedures, that is specifically trying to discourage that activity. Our managers use the same tactics on a daily basis to threaten and intimidate. Try again buddy.

MAKAVELI

The problem is this company got used to employees going ABOVE and BEYOND.

Now that most are doing the bare minimum, they are running into a huge problem.

They can't fire us for NOT going above and beyond, or for obeying speed limits and following THEIR work rules and procedures.

Doesn't mean they won't find reasons to fire a few across the bow, just so everybody understands.

Understand what?

bbsam

Staff member
Bs again. When you say we could be fired for following policy and procedures, that is specifically trying to discourage that activity. Our managers use the same tactics on a daily basis to threaten and intimidate. Try again buddy.
No. I say they will trump up a charge and make it stick. Don't be so naive.

MAKAVELI

No. I say they will trump up a charge and make it stick. Don't be so naive.

So you are saying that we need to continue to cut corners, not follow proper procedures, and disregard safety to make our numbers so we don't get fired. Got it.

vantexan

No, what you're suggesting, in essence, is to lose customers. The customers have done nothing to us, they don't need to be a part of this. And why bring Media into this when all we have to do is stop doing the work of two employees. I use to see guys driving back to the station 60mph in a 35 zone. For WHAT? to save a manager minutes for their bonus and while cutting their own pay? Stop going nuts out there. Stop taking pictures of labels and delivering on your lunch and signing the customers signature. Exactly how much was your bonus this year for working on your lunch anyway? The Female drivers had it right all along. Guys mocking them for being slow and too meticulous. Talking about how the girls have retirement routes and how "I" could be done with that rte 2 hours early everyday. Turns out the guys were the suckers and the females have nice cushy routes. We now realize, prove you can do more and you will get more to do. Prove you can't do more and you won't get more. Come to work on time, be safe, follow company policy per deliver and do the minimum. " I have my numbers". "I need you to take 3 over". Looks like your gonna have 3 lates then. If you hurt someone one the road for being wreck less, you deserve whats coming to you. Slow down and be safe. And keep the customers out of this.

And I've been saying for years here that the only thing you get for doing more at FedEx is more to do. There was a time when I, among many, believed in this company and were determined to do the best job possible for them. I've actually know some damn good women couriers too. But the only way at this point we are going to make a difference at this point is raise enough racket that the customers notice. Forget sympathy, they will be concerned about service and will demand FedEx explain to them what the heck they are doing that has couriers so unhappy? How else are we going to get the message to other couriers? Too many will rat us out if we start talking out loud in the station. There has to be a concerted effort publicly that let's customers know there's a problem at FedEx. They, and their money, are what FedEx cares about.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Well? Do we need a red carpet rolled out for you to explain your exuberance?

Times are a changing.

I think chances are improving by the day.

Sure, its not going to happen overnight, but with the spread of information and a rapidly growing number of employees looking for answers, many are going to continue to stumble upon this forum.

The numbers are there to sign, its just getting that information out station by station about this site and how to do it.

And I would prefer to step all over a purple carpet.....

bbsam

Staff member
If I had a million dollars to bet, I would put it on Fred's union busting machine. Are you asking people to bet their $40,000/year jobs on a union that seems disinterested?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If I had a million dollars to bet, I would put it on Fred's union busting machine. Are you asking people to bet their $40,000/year jobs on a union that seems disinterested?

Short-term, Fred is winning. Long-term, he is losing big-time. We don't need the IBT to slow down and mess-up the FedEx operation. No, it(Express)won't go under, but it will never be as profitable as Fred is planning. The days of compliant, willing to do-it-all (for less) Express employees is over.

thedownhillEXPRESS

The simple explanation is to play the long game.

Get those cards signed and send them in.

Do not be discouraged by the attitude that "it can never happen" or "the teamsters wont even help you".

The internet and this forum is a game changer, every card helps.

Some will say that if we go union then more will go to Ground, I say by playing the odds longterm, the chances of the Ground model being struck down by a more liberal supreme court increases.(again this is off in the future but I would not bet against it)

There are many facets to this and they are regularly argued here, the two things you can do right now are to get those cards signed, and to spread the word about this site.