we petition the obama administration to:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No. I call myself an American.
The "Americans" will be seceding as soon as they get that petition all filled out and mailed off, you're going to have to find another name for yourself. May I suggest "Islamofascist".

The last time a civil war broke out. The civil war had very little to do with slavery. It was mostly because the north and south differ so much politically. The south had every right to secede if they wanted to and the north brought war upon them. Not saying it will happen but according to the constitution every state has the right to secede.

bbsam

Staff member
if you want to do that then why don't you and yours head over to the middle east where I am sure you will be appreciated.

Because this is my country just as much as it is yours. If that fact make you hate your country, then I am truly sorrry for you.

bbsam

Staff member

The last time a civil war broke out. The civil war had very little to do with slavery. It was mostly because the north and south differ so much politically. The south had every right to secede if they wanted to and the north brought war upon them. Not saying it will happen but according to the constitution every state has the right to secede.
That is interesting. I agree that the South had the right to secede. But then, the North had the right to declare on what it considered a hostile government on it's soil, didn't it?

Brownslave688

How was it on their soil if they had the right to secede? They invaded another country is what they did. It actually wasn't a civil war. The United States invaded the confederate states and then over took the country and put them under their rules and laws. I find it very very sad that most people believe the war was fought over slavery.

trickpony1

Because this is my country just as much as it is yours. If that fact make you hate your country, then I am truly sorrry for you.

I don't recall saying I hate my country. You said that.
The muslims have stated that they will destroy us from within.
Connect the dots, bbsam, and at some point you will have a picture that is easily understood. I know you can do it.
You still didn't answer my question of, "why don't you and yours head over to the middle east where I am sure you will be appreciated.".

bbsam

Staff member
I don't recall saying I hate my country. You said that.
The muslims have stated that they will destroy us from within.
Connect the dots, bbsam, and at some point you will have a picture that is easily understood. I know you can do it.
You still didn't answer my question of, "why don't you and yours head over to the middle east where I am sure you will be appreciated.".
I don't understand why I would go anywhere. This is my country whether you appreciate it or not. That's the thing I think you hate. Our country chose this path forward and you can't stand it.

bbsam

Staff member
How was it on their soil if they had the right to secede? They invaded another country is what they did. It actually wasn't a civil war. The United States invaded the confederate states and then over took the country and put them under their rules and laws. I find it very very sad that most people believe the war was fought over slavery.
Not so. The Louisiana purchase was a deal made by Washington. The South may stake a claim to it, but so can the North. Same can go for each of the Southern states and the North's claim of eminent domain. So the state's right to secede is really a coup and the national government can view Jefferson Davis either as a traitor or the duly elected president of the Confederacy.

bbsam

Staff member
And in fact, slavery was at the heart of the war because the North felt the ecoomic pressure of trying to compete with products made with slave labor.

Brownslave688

And in fact, slavery was at the heart of the war because the North felt the ecoomic pressure of trying to compete with products made with slave labor.

That sounds good and that's why Lincoln used it to turn people to his side. The war was about the difference between state rights and federal rights and large and small government. It's really amazing the country still votes the same way. The north actually depended on the souths slave labor They needed cheap cotton for their textile businesses to succeed. This was the only way to convince everyone war was the right choice though. Slavery was a calculated political move by Lincoln and it worked. I don't blame you it's what's been drilled into our heads since our first history class. You see though wars affect history big time. Say the south had won what would the history books say then.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Lets cover up Benghazi with, hmmmm lets use Petraeus infidelity. Obama doesnt answer, and they wont let Petraus.....................talk.

bbsam

Staff member
That sounds good and that's why Lincoln used it to turn people to his side. The war was about the difference between state rights and federal rights and large and small government. It's really amazing the country still votes the same way. The north actually depended on the souths slave labor They needed cheap cotton for their textile businesses to succeed. This was the only way to convince everyone war was the right choice though. Slavery was a calculated political move by Lincoln and it worked. I don't blame you it's what's been drilled into our heads since our first history class. You see though wars affect history big time. Say the south had won what would the history books say then.
If you read deep enough into history, it is easy to see that the war began long before the first shot. The federal government made a habit of passing intrusive and malicious laws designed to subjugate the southern states. I have no problem with the decision to secede. But then again, I don't bemoan the fact that the South lost the resulting war nor that the victors write the history. People choose their own battlefield of change. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. And yes, Lincoln used slavery as a rallying point. Kind of like, "They hate us for our freedoms." Stupid but effective. And had the North truly needed slavery at the end of the war, Lincoln could have skipped th Emancipation Proclamation.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Lets cover up Benghazi with, hmmmm lets use Petraeus infidelity. Obama doesnt answer, and they wont let Petraus.....................talk.
I can almost guarantee you that Petraeus will wind up in front of congress giving sworn testimony.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I say, let those states secede, and then they can build a wall around themselves and we could call it THE GREAT WALL OF REDNECK.

july24-25-08+014.jpg

Go for it.

Try to remake an all white america, it would end up being a larger version of deliverance.

Peace

TOS

trickpony1

That's right and some BrownCafe members are unable or unwilling to see the undercurrent of dishonesty within our government and the current administrators. These same BC members scope is so limited they can't see what the future holds.