Weight loss

AndUPSER

This job can suck big time, but it has truly helped me a lot. I started about 3 years ago as an obese 17 year old high school kid that was on a pathway to heart disease and diabetes. I would just sit around when I got home from school and just stuff my face with food and watch tv, no physical activity activity.

Now I'm 20 years old, weighing 180 pounds. 80 pounds lost thanks to this job. Also, doing this job encouraged me to eat healthier. I traded the chips for apples and bananas. I feel so much better than I did 3 years, plus I can get girls with ease now. I'm going to be meeting with a recruiter soon about the possibility of joining the National Guard. That is something I had no chance at doing at all 3 years ago. Thanks for working my butt off UPS.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I gain five pounds just by going on vacation. We burn a lot of calories on many of our jobs. Feeders, not so much.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It works when your young. But, around 40 you gain in the winter. Just never seem to lose it the next yr. I think your body gets use to it then. At 20 I was 210. At 40+ 235. Maybe this yr I can lose a little more. Problem is. I like ice cream too much for lunch

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I lost a good 30 pounds when I started. Dropped from 190 to 160. There was even a period during peak last year where I dropped below that. I lost a little bit when I moved to management, but most of that is muscle loss. I still do about the same amount of steps everyday. This job provides a great workout.

Deemster

I've loaded Dallas Texas for the last 3 years in my hub. I'm headed into my upper 20's and I'm at the point where I have to eat something substantial in the middle of my sort.

Failure to do so results in me having a blood sugar level crash. Get all shaky, weak, clouds up my mental process. Stuck in the fog.

I wouldn't be surprised if I burned along the lines of 5000 calories a trailer. Average of 3 trailers a night.

I bring a minimum of 2 items to eat every 4 hour sort. That's just enough to get me to the end usually.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
congrats. happy for you. keep up the good work.

there are so many good things that come with weight loss. lower blood pressure, better sleep, better sex, more energy, happier, better skin, your body is cleaner on the inside and out, better job opportunities and on and on.

in the near future, health insurance rates will be tied in with your weight. life insurance already is.

laffter

In the two years before I started working at UPS, I had this issue where after standing up, I'd often feel light headed and my body would tingle and feel weak. Sometimes after sitting for a while then standing up, I'd get so weak that I had to sit back down for a moment or I'd fall. My heart would also start racing during those moments. I had no health insurance and couldn't afford to have the problem examined.

A year after my employment, I was down about 40 pounds. I also no longer had the aforementioned problem. I love the muscle I've gained from this work, too.

I have a lot to be thankful for from this job. It's the only thing that gets me off my ass and moving.

llamainmypocket

This job can suck big time, but it has truly helped me a lot. I started about 3 years ago as an obese 17 year old high school kid that was on a pathway to heart disease and diabetes. I would just sit around when I got home from school and just stuff my face with food and watch tv, no physical activity activity.

Now I'm 20 years old, weighing 180 pounds. 80 pounds lost thanks to this job. Also, doing this job encouraged me to eat healthier. I traded the chips for apples and bananas. I feel so much better than I did 3 years, plus I can get girls with ease now. I'm going to be meeting with a recruiter soon about the possibility of joining the National Guard. That is something I had no chance at doing at all 3 years ago. Thanks for working my butt off UPS.

Contact your local about retaining your seniority so you may come back after basic training.

I agree. The weightloss benefit is fantastic. I periodically go on a 1500 calorie diet and after ups i only have to go down to 1750 calories to lose an additional 7 lbs. If you like bodybuilding, 7 lbs is a big difference in terms of definition and shape. I get a little bit hot. I'm like a male gym bunny.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I've been a tall, slender guy all my life, and have always had trouble putting on weight. A couple of years into working preload, I decided to do something about it. I increased my protein intake and treated work as my workout (I also have a very physical second job.) Over the past couple of years, I've managed to put on 15 lbs of muscle. Now that I'm driving full time, the work isn't quite as physical as being on preload, so I supplement with bodyweight workouts in my spare time at home.

llamainmypocket

Pro bodybuilders tend to speak pretty highly of bodyweight exercises. Dips, push ups and pull ups are all compound exercises i think. I know i like to get them in my workouts. Throw some heavy books in a backpack and you got a weighted vest.

You've Got Mail

I was in the best shape of my life when I was doing 100 pushups a day for 2 months straight (and eating a diet free of unnecesary sugars and saturated fats.)

Unfortunately I always fall back into my addiction to candy and ice cream.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Been counting calories the last couple of weeks. There are several apps out there to help you with this. Lost five pounds so far with 20 more to go.
What amazed me the most was the amount of useless calories I was eating. I just ate what I wanted when I wanted. Not the best thing to do