Weight loss

cardboard-surfer

During peak I pigged out on every Christmas cookie and candy I could find and still lost 35 lbs and gained an unknown amount of muscle. But I also ate healthy 'cus this job demands it, so I just ate a lot and still lost weight. Then peak stopped and it leveled out. Guys who I worked with on sunrise in their late 40's said they were type 2's when they first started, but that's a distant memory after losing the poundage.

If it weren't for the constant screaming from supes this job would be tolerable and has benefits that don't have to be dangled like a carrot and stick. When people ask what they're yelling at me about I just say, "They're just excited about what an awesome job I'm doing and to keep up the good work."

Nimnim

The Nim
When I started I was about 210, after working the unload for almost a year I was around 170, and after another 9 years of irregs I'm about 230. I could probably lose 20 of fat, but there's no way I'd get anywhere close to 170 again without losing significant muscle. Weight isn't everything and at UPS each position has a different physical demand which influences your weight gain/loss. High cardio and reps like unload will help with fat burning and toning, whereas somewhere like irregs where it's less cardio but more strength will increase muscle mass but it won't help with toning and fat burning significantly.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we had a feeder driver flunk his physical because of BP. ( weight ) he went in the building and dropped a bunch of weight fast, retook his physical and passed.

I dance to keep the pounds off .

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
I was on on comp for 10 months due to a back injury. Bid a combo job, my weight ballooned to 250 lbs. bid back on to package. Two years later, I've dropped 50 lbs and counting and I owe all to the job.