Welcome to teamcare

Nope, I see Waldo. Where the heck is 407???
Drinking with the new dog. image.jpg
image.jpg

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The far left tdu corner!........you and stink are holding hands..............lmao.....laughing so hard I can barely type!..its all good 407.....fight for what you believe in!........sorry about your dog............but not sorry about my No vote!.:peaceful:
Do you always vote no? Are you still laughing?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Honestly I'm a little pissed after we held that all of a sudden company gave everyone else an upgrade on their team care
After they had already accepted what the company had offered them

I vaguely remember back in 2013 that the central and southern voted down their supplements over the reduction of our health benefits when we switched to Team care...they sweetened the deal with the second vote..Where there locals that were already under Team care that did not get those improvements?

Thinking that Local 407 was one of them..

542thruNthru

I vaguely remember back in 2013 that the central and southern voted down their supplements over the reduction of our health benefits when we switched to Team care...they sweetened the deal with the second vote..Where there locals that were already under Team care that did not get those improvements?

Southern voted Yes overwhelmingly on the NMA and their Supp. It was a upgrade for them.

DELACROIX

I have never said I had a problem with my wages or the health care I've earned. You people carrying Hoffa's water are missing the point completely.

Every time our contract comes up for renewal, UPS throws money at us, knowing full well that the money will get the union and the less aware members to vote yes and ignore the way they chip away at the real important things in the contract. Like subcontracting, discipline and harassment. We have members under the same umbrella that have completely different benefits. No one seems to care about that stuff. And that is the stuff that will eventually ruin us.

I don't know if you guys realize it or not, but our union ship is leaking. The amount of people voting on this contract was at a record low. It's not hard to see why. The union has no presence at work. And we wonder why part-timers don't vote? At the last union meeting, I was talking to a driver who was saying that another driver with almost 15 years of seniority asked him why he got a duplicate ballot in the mail. The first driver questioned him about this ballot. He asked him if he was referring to the supplement ballot. The second driver looked confused and asked the first, "What's the supplement?"

You can laugh or get mad, but the fact is, if you don't make a major effort to get your questions asked, no one will give you answers. Now, this is a two-way street, and members need to get stepping for themselves, but the union has a huge obligation to the members. And that is definitely not happening. We had two or three days where the union stood outside our gates and passed out flyers about this contract. And we wonder why the turnout was so bad?

The bottom line is the existing members of Teamcare will NEVER go up to the benefits the incoming members. As someone said earlier here, the superior benefits the incoming members receive will drop down to our levels.

UPS is not stupid in these negotiations. They are like an alligator waiting in the shallows on us. As the votes get fewer and fewer, like they are now, the contract offers will get worse and worse. UPS knows this. They rely on the Hoffa chicken hawks to tell everyone how awesome the contract offers are, and to make us feel guilty about what we earn here. Like 407 said earlier, with 100K salary and 40K benefits, you should just shut up and vote yes. Who cares if UPS extends the temporary periods and increases subcontracting? Who cares if they give away our work to people who work for peanuts...we get 100K in pay and 40K in benefits, right?

I feel bad for guys with only ten years seniority. I just can't see how it ends well for those people. I've only got this contract and the next. And I bury my checks into my own savings, assuming the pension will be gone when my ticket gets punched. The company knows what it is doing. They know the union is weak, and that Hoffa will never strike them. And the boat keeps on leaking. And you Hoffa guys telling us how regal this contract won't know it until all of the lifeboats are already full.

Just for the benefit of those young ones on B/C.. @Dracula 's comment on the 2013 Contract...It is well worth
reading...Great Observations on the current state of our Union and it's Leadership that still applies today...

:cigarsmoker:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

All UPSer's in the Central Region, that didn't carve out, received the enhanced TeamCare (U3) plan as a result of the Central Region Supplement being voted down in 2013, including Local 407 who was already participating in a TeamCare (C6) plan.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Southern voted Yes overwhelmingly on the NMA and their Supp. It was a upgrade for them.
Southern was already in Teamcare/C6 so is was not much of an upgrade. Part time was in the company plan and moving to Teamcare was a downgrade.
If anything they used the Southern to swing the national vote by improveing the C6 plan a little.

oldngray

nowhere special
Southern was already in Teamcare/C6 so is was not much of an upgrade. Part time was in the company plan and moving to Teamcare was a downgrade.
If anything they used the Southern to swing the national vote by improveing the C6 plan a little.
Company plan was better than Teamcare. Not a huge downgrade but definitely not as good.

DELACROIX

Company plan was better than Teamcare. Not a huge downgrade but definitely not as good.

At one time the Company wanted everybody to be under their Health and Welfare package..

They changed their minds when Obamacare became law and they were projecting massive increases in health cost premiums, and bailed out in 2013.

It was the Pension in 2008

It was Health and Welfare in 2013

It was 22.4’s in 2018

Any guesses of what is down the pike in 2023?