What are some of your biggest pet peeves working at Brown?

Z

ZQXC

I deliver a hospital and surrounding offices. All the time someone will ask where is Dr. (fill in blank). I reply "What address?" and they always say "I don't know". Well just how in the hell did you expect to find his office?

oldngray

nowhere special
I deliver a hospital and surrounding offices. All the time someone will ask where is Dr. (fill in blank). I reply "What address?" and they always say "I don't know". Well just how in the hell did you expect to find his office?

My sister is a nurse and is that way about directions. She never knows addresses, just landmarks. Like just past that yellow house. Or turn left before you get to that big tree (alternate version is the tree that used to be there).

10 point

Funny thing is, on UPSers the company still boasts about giving their employees a holiday turkey in the the past.
Really takes some sack....... just saying.
Probably posted to show investors that they're "trimming the fat" now...so to speak.

10 point

Parallel with management's lack of accountability is lack of communication.

Example: I'm missing a package for a stop I won't be even close to the rest of the day so I message it in via diad and call it in to see if the OMS can ask the drivers in my load set to check for it in HIN number xxxx. No response so I "not found it".

The next morning there's a paper in my diad slot asking why I didn't scan this pkg. I then ask the same OMS I talked with why they put this inquiry in my slot and she says "I dont know". As I walk out of the oms office an on road pkg car supe pulls out a sheet off his clip board and asks me about the same package.

You'd think that we work for the government.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No, I don't know directions to every address in Ohio and no, I don't know every employee to have ever worked at UPS.
That is one of my pet peeves too...lol

Oh you work for UPS...do you know a driver named Joe? (Yeah one or 75...lol)
Yeah just a few.
Oh, his last name is Smith.
I'm not sure....maybe..
You know Joe...he's like 40ish, tall, kinda bald, he drives the brown UPS truck...got a mermaid tattoo on his leg....
(Still no clue) ohh...sure...Joe, yea. I know Joe...he's a good guy.

Next time I'm saying I work for the IRS....ever try saying that when someone asks you where you work? They give you that look like you just said, "Hi, I killed my whole family with an axe"...lmao

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Parallel with management's lack of accountability is lack of communication.

Example: I'm missing a package for a stop I won't be even close to the rest of the day so I message it in via diad and call it in to see if the OMS can ask the drivers in my load set to check for it in HIN number xxxx. No response so I "not found it".

The next morning there's a paper in my diad slot asking why I didn't scan this pkg. I then ask the same OMS I talked with why they put this inquiry in my slot and she says "I dont know". As I walk out of the oms office an on road pkg car supe pulls out a sheet off his clip board and asks me about the same package.

You'd think that we work for the government.

Our center has 3 OMS clerks----one in the morning, afternoon and evening. You would think that there would be a brief meeting between shifts to update the incoming clerk as to what is going on but there isn't and it is really frustrating when you have to "re-explain" something to each clerk.

As for the missing package, your obligation ends as soon as you report it, provided you don't find it later in the day and try to bury it with the pickups to avoid having to run it off.

S

selfcancelsignal

... and then when you do give some idiot directions, you watch him make the first turn going the wrong way

GMAFB
This happened at my first stop on Fri. Security lady gave 2 cars directions around the big bulk complex I was delivering too & as she was checking on me, she says, "They're not even heading close to what I just told them. Idiots!" I just chuckled.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Add-cuts still on the car.
That's usually because we don't get the add/cut sheets till 5 min before driver start time. I get the sheets...go into someone's truck that looks like it was loaded with a shovel...dig out as many as I can...then I'm told to go home. So I circle the packages on the sheet that I haven't found..hand it to my PT sup who crumbles it up and says Don't worry about it...go punch out. I WAD.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It would be bad optics to say "We screw our employees in new a creative ways."
2014-09-21-10-00-41-980008951.jpeg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My sister is a nurse and is that way about directions. She never knows addresses, just landmarks. Like just past that yellow house. Or turn left before you get to that big tree (alternate version is the tree that used to be there).
The best is when you're trying to give directions...okay make a right at the second traffic light...and head east on Pine Street for about....Wait, which way's East?? Oh boy...lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The turkey isn't a big deal to me even if it showed a sliver of friendliness from the company.

I think the whole "family" thing divorced when the stock went public. May as well see it for what this job is...a means to an end.

Bo is right about perspective tho and forget about "what's right is right everyday" because only the hourly are held to a higher standard.
Exactly, this job is like a bad dream that's for sure, but that's what the job is, a means to an end. Its all bout business with this job and the ching ching that goes into my account on Friday at 12:01 am lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Exactly, this job is like a bad dream that's for sure, but that's what the job is, a means to an end. Its all bout business with this job and the ching ching that goes into my account on Friday at 12:01 am lol.
Direct Deposit here...hits my account on Wednesdays at 8am! lol