What are some of your biggest pet peeves working at Brown?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Thursday with paper checks...Wed with DD. I like getting my money earlier! lol
images
lol.

giggity

If you back before driving 100+ feet it shows on telematics. Completely throws "when in doubt, get out" out the window and leads to more unsafe behavior. Because you try to not get on it, so do more risky things.
100ft?!? We've been told to back before driving 500 ft!! That's almost a 10th of a mile!

Sent using BrownCafe App

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I agree dont post our salaries in the local paper when a contract is final. Some people are jealous and some people have no idea how hard we have to work for that salary and benefits. I forgot to say something please fix the dish network call tag screw up by not having a rs label in the box and then send us out to retreive it at the same time. So simple!

People who say they wish they had my job, but they are trying to get their license back, and get a felony erased.........................
Or It must be nice to just ride around all day. When they couldnt fit through the door on my truck.
Or God forbid you make a misdelivery and some yahoo with washers in his earlobes, and tattoos up his neck and on his face, tells you how unproffesional ~ it is when the pkg cleary states his addy. Even after you apologized profusely. Oh well.

barnyard

KTM rider
Dude walks up to the truck a few months ago, looks like a crack addict. Asks, "Is UPS hiring??" Me, "Yep, it is a great time for an off the street person to get a FT driving job at UPS, except they are now only hiring non-smokers. Smokers are too expensive to insure."

Crack addict, "That is so unfair. I could do the job, I know I could."

Me, shrugging shoulders, "Maybe quit smoking."

chris9834

You have a 55 inch tv box that your about to deliver, and on all the places on that big box the pal label is right over the barcode that'll p*** this ol boy off lol.

AKCoverMan

That's usually because we don't get the add/cut sheets till 5 min before driver start time. I get the sheets...go into someone's truck that looks like it was loaded with a shovel...dig out as many as I can...then I'm told to go home. So I circle the packages on the sheet that I haven't found..hand it to my PT sup who crumbles it up and says Don't worry about it...go punch out. I WAD.

They know the driver who ends up with the packages will find a way to make it work. Every day we take their rubared plan and turn it into a highly profitable operation!

Stupid 14 year old PT Supe only cares about getting the packages on some car quick and getting preload punched out so his numbers look good. The extra time and miles later don't show up on Preloads numbers.

AKCoverMan

and some yahoo with washers in his earlobes

At the risk of derail...

Don't those big damn hoop things in stretched out earlobes hurt? It hurts me just to look at them. I guess I am an old man and don't understand what's hip and all but I mean, damn! Just looks sick..

Whoops, nobody says "hip" anymore do they? I AM old!

blkmamba

My biggest was being setup to fail. (I was a pt sup) one time my center manager was doing audits to make sure we were walking the belts. Well he threw a package into a place where it was almost impossible for my pickoff to get a package without purposely putting it there. When I was confronted at the end of the night and shown where the package was, I asked how he got it there and he said, "I threw it in there". Boy was he pissed when I said, "well my employees don't throw packages and neither should you".

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My biggest was being setup to fail. (I was a pt sup) one time my center manager was doing audits to make sure we were walking the belts. Well he threw a package into a place where it was almost impossible for my pickoff to get a package without purposely putting it there. When I was confronted at the end of the night and shown where the package was, I asked how he got it there and he said, "I threw it in there". Boy was he pissed when I said, "well my employees don't throw packages and neither should you".
A few weeks ago....I had a cardboard tube filled with metal fence posts come down the irreg belt. When i picked it up...the bottom cap came off and several posts fell thru the grates to the floor underneath. Only sups are permitted to retrieve items from under the belts. I informed my PT sup about what happened and pointed out where the posts were laying. I left the tube out of the truck when I left at the end of the sort. Weeks later, that irreg has long since been delievered.....yet those posts are still under the belt! So much for customer service.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dont like being given conflicting instructions.
I dont like being intentionally set up to fail.
I dont like it when my management team tries to hold me to levels of performance and accountability that they are totally incapable of meeting themselves.
And I really dont like it when a management person questions the manner in which I clean up a mess that THEY made.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
At the risk of derail...

Don't those big damn hoop things in stretched out earlobes hurt? It hurts me just to look at them. I guess I am an old man and don't understand what's hip and all but I mean, damn! Just looks sick..

Whoops, nobody says "hip" anymore do they? I AM old!
I dont Know AKcover man, I think I am pretty "hip" that just looks painful to me. Years ago my 5 yr old step daughter told me it didnt hurt to get pierced ears, ....so I did, it hurt awful!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I dont like being given conflicting instructions.
I dont like being intentionally set up to fail.
I dont like it when my management team tries to hold me to levels of performance and accountability that they are totally incapable of meeting themselves.
And I really dont like it when a management person questions the manner in which I clean up a mess that THEY made.
Conflicting instructions drive me crazy....especially when somehow the hourlie's at fault for simply working as directed.

Overpaid Union Thug

My biggest pet peeve lately is the drivers that pawn the areas of their routes they don't like onto other routes. Why does the dispatch sup even listen to them? They shouldn't be allowed to cherry pick. If you bid a route you should do the work.

Sent using BrownCafe App