What are some of your biggest pet peeves working at Brown?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
At this point I'm just one day away from them pissing me off. I quit every Monday before I leave for work and then agree to one more week every Friday when my shift ends. LOL!

But the plan at this moment is 3 more peaks.
Why if you have enough years in to retire would you stay? Im just saying, mad props to ya for being able to do it for this long, but if your not getting any more for retirement after 30 years of service why would anybody stay? I hate the job, im rolling out asap when I get to 55.

Why if you have enough years in to retire would you stay? Im just saying, mad props to ya for being able to do it for this long, but if your not getting any more for retirement after 30 years of service why would anybody stay? I hate the job, im rolling out asap when I get to 55.
More years paid into S.S. more years of putting money,into the 401k. Less years of paying for healthcare.

Plus all the fun!

wkmac

My job really isn't that bad. If I left at 55 I was going to work anyway and I did look at several options but with my time at UPS, the vacation, growing the pension even more, plus a few other perks, the numbers and our goals for retirement just added up to staying. I even sat down with a financial planner to crunch some serious numbers and I liked the outcome of a few more years. My supervisors don't have the knowledge of the sortation systems like I do so they as much admit they need me more than I need them. As a result, we have a good arrangement that works for me. If I were a driver? Yeah, I'd likely been gone.

Last month spent a week on St. George Island Florida and the surf fishing everyday has gotten me to thinking. :wink2:

barnyard

KTM rider
We have 1 guy that is in the dispatch office almost everyday moaning about his dispatch. He is almost always in in less than 9 hours.

barnyard

KTM rider
Some cant leave the money. Others can not afford to. and believe It or not. some people just cant leave.

I totally get why some do not leave.

My old route was transferred to another building and I did not follow it. It was really hard the last week. I got hugs and teared up more than once.

I will never again question why some stay on their routes.

I totally get why some do not leave.

My old route was transferred to another building and I did not follow it. It was really hard the last week. I got hugs and teared up more than once.

I will never again question why some stay on their routes.
Ive been on my current route, 21 years.
Guess I have some mental issues.
atleast I know where,all the bathrooms are!

wkmac

Great place to kick back / Would love to have a beach house there.

We love it. August still to hot for me so next year the plan is for early Oct. and the fishing is excellent then. Thinking about throwing down the extra money and getting a place in The Plantation just to have access to fish at the cut. Our DM told me you can tear em' up there.

Nostromo

Finding 20+ wooden pallets in a feeder that are spread out on the floor all retarded. And the getting break before an hour of work.

Sent using Morse code

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Areas that DIAD says are non DR that make no sense and were knee jerk reactions to one bad customer or an isolated incident.

Nice suburban neighborhood I deliver to has one street where five years ago during one peak a series of DRs were nabbed by thieves. To this day we can't DR on that one street but the rest of the identical streets around it are OK.

You know how to get around the "do not DR"? Over ride and input the address manually.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
UPS has detailed reports about everything humanly imaginable that some suckass from IE makes up.

But when I hit the Not Found softkey for a missing package, the center doesn't get that information.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My job really isn't that bad. If I left at 55 I was going to work anyway and I did look at several options but with my time at UPS, the vacation, growing the pension even more, plus a few other perks, the numbers and our goals for retirement just added up to staying. I even sat down with a financial planner to crunch some serious numbers and I liked the outcome of a few more years. My supervisors don't have the knowledge of the sortation systems like I do so they as much admit they need me more than I need them. As a result, we have a good arrangement that works for me. If I were a driver? Yeah, I'd likely been gone.

Last month spent a week on St. George Island Florida and the surf fishing everyday has gotten me to thinking. :wink2:
Whatever works for ya, its all good. What works for 1 person may not work for another person. Everybody has their reasons for what they do, and that's to be respected.:biggrin: Didn't know you weren't a driver also lol.