What can be cut?

PT Car Washer

Do you guys have recycle bins out by the fuel pumps for bottles and cans...I swear we could bank hundreds of dollars here a month with all of cans that are thrown out ....totally unacceptable
FT car washer used to walk around and collect bottles and cans to redeem for the refund. He would carry bags out every night. Most likely $5.00 on a really good night. Plus the $30.00/hr UPS paid him. After 25 years LP suggested he not do this anymore. No word about stealing time.

Future

Victory Ride
Yep that pink soap is useless....but we still have the green grit soap too....AND paper towels. Livin large in 804....lol.
Damn paper towels ?????? They did away with them 2yrs ago!! We have a wonderful hand dryer. Nothing like washing your face after 10hrs of extreme heat and having a hot blow dryer cool you down. WTF

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you guys have recycle bins out by the fuel pumps for bottles and cans...I swear we could bank hundreds of dollars here a month with all of cans that are thrown out ....totally unacceptable

We fuel off-site. We have the small blue bins by each garbage can and 5 larger containers by our two dumpsters (one for cardboard and the other for trash) for the collection of the recyclables. We also have 3 containers for collecting deposit soda and water containers. Our center buys 15 cases of water each week during the summer and encourages the drivers to put the empties in one of these containers with all proceeds going to UW. I go through the pkg cars when I get off road, collecting any paper and plastic that may have been left behind during the day. It takes us about 3 days to fill up one of the larger recycling containers.

Have you thought about asking your mgt team for permission to set up collection bins by the fuel pumps for deposit soda and water bottles? I am sure that a local charity would be grateful for your donation.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
We fuel off-site. We have the small blue bins by each garbage can and 5 larger containers by our two dumpsters (one for cardboard and the other for trash) for the collection of the recyclables. We also have 3 containers for collecting deposit soda and water containers. Our center buys 15 cases of water each week during the summer and encourages the drivers to put the empties in one of these containers with all proceeds going to UW. I go through the pkg cars when I get off road, collecting any paper and plastic that may have been left behind during the day. It takes us about 3 days to fill up one of the larger recycling containers.

Have you thought about asking your mgt team for permission to set up collection bins by the fuel pumps for deposit soda and water bottles? I am sure that a local charity would be grateful for your donation.
That is really nice and generous.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Eliminate the Safety Committe in its current form.

Have a shop steward be designated as a "safety captain" who meets with management biweekly for 15 minutes to present a list of issues for resolution under threat of grievances being filed.

No more acronyms. No more doughnuts. No more paying members of the "safety committe" $45 an hour on OT to color posters or stand around handing out water bottles.

I'm not a fan of this one. There are buildings where the shop stewards are treated like royalty, new tractors, less stops, etc. I don't think they would take safety seriously as it may negatively affect the company.

If the safety committee didn't hand out water bottles, SOME would not be hydrating themselves.
There was a recent study done, proving that 'we' have to be told what to do---even though we know better. For example, stop sign says STOP.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
They could do it get some kind of ups tablet like Orion tablet,which would generate all ops and reports from day before for each sup. Would be a huge investment but I think it would pay it self back pretty quick considering the amount of paper wasted on a daily bases.
This will come eventually. There is already live tech being tested to replace hub coms.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
FREE maxi-pads!!?? I Though UPS women just clinched their teeth to stop the flow
CAM00036.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We should freeze wages for management, reduce benefits, eliminate the pension and replace it with a profit-sharing bonus based upon unattainable MAPP numbers.

Oh, never mind, we already did that.

Johney

I second that. Eventually that dept will be gone with all the new technology. Orion is a step towards this. Only problem is Orion is in its infant stages and still wastes a bunch of money.
I.E. will just keep coming up with new crap/technology to justify their existence.
IE is essential.
Yea right.
Who else would center manager's blame for a messed up peak projections?
Doesn't I.E. give center manager's the plan then blames the center manager's when it doesn't work?

T

Turdferguson

You have IE confused with the Teamsters.

IE does way more work behind the scenes than you would know.
How exactly do the teamsters destroy the company? Does the new contract allow them the power to dictate company policy? I think you confuse "superior intelect" with adolecent agitator when you make statements such as this.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
How exactly do the teamsters destroy the company? Does the new contract allow them the power to dictate company policy? I think you confuse "superior intelect" with adolecent agitator when you make statements such as this.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Unions worked out for Detroit, didn't they? It's a matter of time before the union bankrupts itself. If they really wanted to represent you , they wouldn't need dues money.