What Did We Learn from Faisal Shahzad's Guilty Plea Speech?

tieguy

Banned
meanwhile there is much viiolence and chaos that goes unchallenged by these do gooders who have somehow made the determination that the US is the only country deserving to be punished for their actions. Why for instance didn't this self appointed do gooder go to north korea and blow up a car there to punish the north korean government for their atrocious human rights violations. because chances are our friend would have ended up either dead or buried deep in a north korean jail cell somewhere never given the chance to tell us of all the good he was doing for us.

there are two types of insanity with terrorism , the first the act of the terrorist , the second the words of the apologist that tries to justify the actions of the terrorist.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
yep not sure why they would expect to be left alone after taking the towers down.
Osama bin Laden is Saudi; 18 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi. Why didn't we take revenge on the Saudis? Just askin', since the Saudi support of wahhabism is what is driving the extremist bugnuts....

"wahhabi - a member of a strictly orthodox Sunni Muslim sect from Saudi Arabia; strives to purify Islamic beliefs and rejects any innovation occurring after the 3rd century of Islam; 'Osama bin Laden is said to be a Wahhabi Muslim'"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

The 3rd century of Islam would put us around 1000 A.D. or so....

tieguy

Banned
Osama bin Laden is Saudi; 18 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi. Why didn't we take revenge on the Saudis? Just askin', since the Saudi support of wahhabism is what is driving the extremist bugnuts....

"wahhabi - a member of a strictly orthodox Sunni Muslim sect from Saudi Arabia; strives to purify Islamic beliefs and rejects any innovation occurring after the 3rd century of Islam; 'Osama bin Laden is said to be a Wahhabi Muslim'"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

The 3rd century of Islam would put us around 1000 A.D. or so....

You're pretty bright yet like to drop down to this type of argument.I continue to be amazed that some very bright liberals are so willing to chase some of the half cooked assumptions of a certain fat bastard from michigan. The towers were not an act of war perpetuated by Saudi arabia against us. It was perpetuated by Osama bin laden who essentially recruits mercenaries from other countries to do his bidding.

I would no more attack Saudia arabia for this act then I would attack Canada for unleashing Klein on us.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It really doesn't matter what you call them......if they believe "kill the infidel" is part of their belief, then they are the enemy.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I would no more attack Saudia arabia for this act then I would attack Canada for unleashing Klein on us.
Unless Canada was financing thousands of schools supporting the idealogy that Klein was using to justify his attacks on our beer industry? Eh?

tieguy

Banned
Unless Canada was financing thousands of schools supporting the idealogy that Klein was using to justify his attacks on our beer industry? Eh?

I'm afraid you're reaching here. Klein is supported by the canadian government therefore the reference works. eh?

bbsam

Staff member
You're pretty bright yet like to drop down to this type of argument.I continue to be amazed that some very bright liberals are so willing to chase some of the half cooked assumptions of a certain fat bastard from michigan. The towers were not an act of war perpetuated by Saudi arabia against us. It was perpetuated by Osama bin laden who essentially recruits mercenaries from other countries to do his bidding.

I believe bin Laden is of Saudi origin and he just so happen to get the mercenaries from...Saudi Arabia. And if you wouldn't attack Saudi Arabia for 9/11 then why attack Iraq for 9/11? Duh.

bbsam

Staff member

Fascinating but beside the point. I am not defending the democrats on this, I am saying that the decision was just plain wrong. The reasoning for war in Iraq kept changing every week in an attempt to garner support. Senator Byrd was right and many of the democrats in congress were raging pusillanimous trying not to be called un-patriotic.

tieguy

Banned
Judging by these quotes its possible to believe that Al Gore being elected president may have garnered the same result:

"We know that he has stored away secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Judging by these quotes its possible to believe that Al Gore being elected president may have garnered the same result:

"We know that he has stored away secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

I agree with Gore on the second quote. For 11years Saddam screwed arround and failed to live up to the agreements of his surrender and played his games and we would threaten him and bomb a few selected sites but it did not phase him as he continued to play games. We should have took him out in 1991 when we had him and his army wiped out but the images of us beating the hell out of his retreating troops gave the bleeding hearts ammo and we stopped. What a mistake that was...

bbsam

Staff member
Who cares about him "beating retreating troops"? Hell we carpet bombed them for a week straight, a beating from Saddam was the least of their worries.

av8torntn

Fascinating but beside the point. I am not defending the democrats on this, I am saying that the decision was just plain wrong. The reasoning for war in Iraq kept changing every week in an attempt to garner support. Senator Byrd was right and many of the democrats in congress were raging pusillanimous trying not to be called un-patriotic.

Except the reasons to go to war in Iraq did not change every week. When Bush gave his state of the union speech asking Congress and the American people to go to war he laid out a broad case. If anything it was those in opposition to the war that changed their reasons for opposition every week.

bbsam

Staff member
Except the reasons to go to war in Iraq did not change every week. When Bush gave his state of the union speech asking Congress and the American people to go to war he laid out a broad case. If anything it was those in opposition to the war that changed their reasons for opposition every week.
Av, perhaps it is you who needs the history lesson. Please see Wk's link above.