What do you think of the hand truck?

mrbrownstone

I hate how long I feel like it takes to take it out and put it back.

My :censored2: will muscle a 65+ pound over sized package with the risk of hurting myself out of contempt for getting the damn thing out.

In reality I've probably wasted more time trying to deliver a package without it then with it.

I've even had a few cases where I've made multiple trips to and from the truck because of not wanting to drag out the cart.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The reason I've got my name and truck number all over it.

They don't respect that in my building. I keep mine padlocked to my 4000 shelf. It really ticks me off when I come back from vacation and find out that it vanished. I keep a key over my windshield for the cover drivers that run my route, but it will still disappear. After several hernia repairs, I'm tempted to remove the key.

Last edited:

9.5er

I hate those stupid bolts that hold the flap in place. Seems like they come loose and fall out all the time. Then the flap sits side ways and boxes don't sit on it right.
As a cover driver I see different trucks every day and half the carts are missing one of those bolts.

rod

Retired 22 years
They are known as 2-wheelers or 2 wheeled carts around here. The old steel ones were heavy. I used my 2 wheeler religiously--sometimes when it probably wasn't necessary. That may have something to do with me retiring in good health with a good back.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am not a fan of the new ones. The fold down thing takes up over half the lip. If I had my own route, I would take that part off. Remove the temptation to overload it and hurt myself.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I sort of miss the old carts that didn't have the rail slides on the back. I'd go into another guys truck and he would be bitching about it sliding around and I would grab it and hang it upside down from the shelf on the wheels and they would go, "oh!!!" They stayed put and didn't make noise banging around. But the extension would loosen and end up being worthless in due time.