What do you think?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You gotta either report every accident or don't tell anyone and hope they don't notice, dude. Even if you qualified already, they can walk you out the door for not reporting an accident to a supervisor. Let us know what happens.
He did report it, to the OMS who was the only management person on duty at the time.

CoolArrow

It's not dishonest to say I'm not sure just trying to cover myself scratch could have already been there and house has no noticeable damage. Be humble don't fight if you have serious trouble the union will do your fighting for you.

soberups

Future reference. Stay out of residential driveways. Had you not gone down there you wouldn't be in this situation.
On my rural route I often have 3 options:

1. Block a lane by parking in the road (no shoulder available), walk stop off (assuming it is walkable), and if I get hit while parked they will charge me.

2. Back into driveway in order to avoid blocking road and walk stop off (assuming it is walkable). If I hit anything or get stuck while backing, they will charge me. If the homeowner arrives and is forced to block a lane while waiting for me to get out of the way and he gets hit while parked, they will charge me.

3. Drive up driveway in order to avoid blocking the road, and if I get stuck/crack a mirror/break a tree limb/leave tire mark on the grass, they will charge me.

As drivers, we make decisions in real time and in the real world, based upon whatever information is (or is not) available to us at that moment. If something bad happens, those decisions will be second-guessed by a management person who is employing 20/20 hindsight from behind a desk. If we are lucky, we will be deemed guilty until proven innocent. If we aren't lucky, we will be deemed guilty even after being proven innocent. Concepts such as fairness, common sense and logic play no role in the process.

soberups

To put me at ease, based on this thread if i'm qualified I probably won't get in any trouble? This would end the topic for me = ]
If you are qualified then the worst that could happen is that you will be charged with an avoidable accident and issued a warning letter.

soberups

But someone posted that I should have actually contacted a Supervisor instead the person who works at night that takes calls, our times, customer complaints, etc.... Whenever I call our ups building number this person always answer when i asked for a supervisor.
OMS's are considered management.

ManInBrown

I'm still trying to figure out how you don't know if you qualified yet. So scoring a permanent job that pays 90K+ a year isn't that important to you, that you would ask someone?

O

OLDMAN3

Is there anything I should do monday morning to help my case or just be silent and let things unfold ?
Keep your mouth shut to management unless they bring it up.
You did your part by calling in.
The OMS is trained to contact the managers about possible accidents called in.

Management may choose to ignore the issue to avoid a possible accident report, so talking about it to anyone except your Union rep is a very bad idea.

I know of a driver that caused thousands of dollars in damage to the package car...
The manager was leaving UPS and already had the new job. No accident report was asked for by the manager. The driver did not even get a verbal warning.

You never know why some accidents are not followed up on, and if you talk to the wrong management person about it now you might be blowing it for the manager who is not pursuing discipline, and he may be forced to discipline you.

You called it in. Don't lie if asked about it, but otherwise keep your mouth shut.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I think I actually am qualified since i recently started getting paid bonus, i just never thought about it and they didn't really say anything to me..
Give me a break please... I come here for support / advice and to learn from others; not to be ridiculed thats for mgt not my fellow brothers
If you're getting bonus then you're qualified and since you reported this to the OMS you did what you're supposed to do. You don't have anything to worry about, the most you will get is a warning letter.

Re-Raise

Don't bring it up again if they don't. They will have new fires to put out next week.

If they ask about it, tell them you did what you thought was right by calling it in.

As a new hire, you can claim ignorance over dishonesty if they try to discipline you.

You will be fine. You aren't the first one to ride that pony around here.