What exactly is the hold up on the contract and why?

Stonefish

At the least, 95% of our building voted both rounds.

That means more part time employees voted than full time employees both times. (In our building only.)

That's the numbers for the center I was responsible for.
Do you only have one building in your local? If so doesn't that take out the theory that part-time employees don't vote? Your numbers would prove that.

C

chuchu

And maybe, that's why this contract was better for P/T than the one's in the past.
Better in regards to measurable and real improvements for the P/T.
Uh, I guess i should have mentioned again that they voted against it.:)

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Being anti-contract definitely isn't going to help anyone who labors. Oh, and the part-timers aren't as stupid as some ppl think they are.

C

chuchu

Do you only have one building in your local? If so doesn't that take out the theory that part-time employees don't vote? Your numbers would prove that.
No, there are three buildings but Im only responsible for one.

Yes, I agree that part time employees who want a career at UPS tend to take the time to educate themselves and vote their conscience. The percentages in larger hubs may differ but Local 89 proved that part time employees vote in large percentages when educated and supported.

Stonefish

No, there are three buildings but Im only responsible for one.

Yes, I agree that part time employees who want a career at UPS tend to take the time to educate themselves and vote their conscience. The percentages in larger hubs may differ but Local 89 proved that part time employees vote in large percentages when educated and supported.
Are you in 89

island1fox

If it's too tiresome for you, shut off your computer. What's really sad is your lack of ability to post what began as a great answer without (predictably) somehow blaming the President. Like he has one minute, shred of responsibility for UPS's part time wages. Laughable.

ITG,

UPS is a microcosm of the United States.
Part time jobs were always meant to be for people going to school -to make a few bucks --then move on with their lives and careers. Now there is no where to go !!

Same with Burger flippers or other part time positions.

President Obama :
1. Formed jobs committee --Met once --disbanded it.
2. No plan to attract new business by lowering the highest Corporate tax rate in the world.
3. Plenty of talk --no taxation plan to punish American Companies --Manufacturing overseas.
4. No plan to bring back to the U.S. -all offshore profits --that could be invested to produce jobs.
5. Backbreaking regulations placed on all U.S. business.
6. Obamacare --Prevents employers to hire over 49 people --50 means Obamacare -Brilliant move !
7. Forced Obamacare has resulted in Employers REDUCING hours to keep employees Part time -Brilliant
8. Millions and Millions of dollars wasted on Companies like Solyndra !!!
9. Outsourced the Obamacare website to Canada ---?? --It also was a disaster.
10. Pipeline --still deciding 6 years later --fracking ??? Whats that ???

Sure Please do not Blame Poor President Obama --he is feeling our shared pain --while taking multi million dollar vacations--throwing million dollar parties --in between golf games ---SIXTH YEAR !!!!

Obama does not know anything about everything -unless he "reads" it in the newspapers ???

UPS and the Teamsters are PROTECTING your jobs. La-la land would have every employee at UPS making 50+ an hour.

When the Company goes Belly up --Where are you going --FEDx Ground ???

C

chuchu

You know I'm not. Wish I was tho. I love grits and saying ya'll.

My mom's from Alabama so i can get away with that.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Island fox is right on. Part timers are barely getting by, afraid, & no one is looking out for them. Sounds about like most of Americans now doesn't it? That kool aid is never going to taste any different if you keep taking what they give you. There are ones at the top who need to descend or be assisted down humanely and reminded they're no better than the rest of us. Most everyone offers our company their personal best. I know I do.

C

chuchu

I heard about grits in My Cousin Vinny
It's not the best "filler" but when your mom says "shut up and clean up your plate" you acquire a taste for them. Children's Services didn't exist back then and your main objective was to live to be at least 21. :)

Stonefish

It's not the best "filler" but when your mom says "shut up and clean up your plate" you acquire a taste for them. Children's Services didn't exist back then and your main objective was to live to be at least 21. :)
Its gotta be better than cornbread and pinto beans