What if...

The Driver

I drive.
I see a lot of "make sure to work as directed", now what if you are directed to work faster???

I just pretty much work at the same pace no matter what.

Now if they tell me to do something specific with regards to where I need to be or how to sheet a package, I'll work as directed. And take photos of the DIAD, of course.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I drive like a mad man and run to every stop, its production and safety in balance. Drive aggressive but safe.

upsbeernut

When questioned about the pace there are a few of us that have a standard saying. "The pace is wha the pace is."
Just keep a good pace to show a good spor on paper then wait till you go on vacation so they see the difference in performance and knowledge.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Just keep a good pace to show a good spor on paper then wait till you go on vacation so they see the difference in performance and knowledge.

I love that my center manager badgers me for being ~80 units over daily. But then when I am off I notice that the guys who are usually RNGs in our center end up being 150 units over. Turns out I'm not so bad after all.

upsbeernut

I love that my center manager badgers me for being ~80 units over daily. But then when I am off I notice that the guys who are usually RNGs in our center end up being 150 units over. Turns out I'm not so bad after all.
My point exactly, when your off it costs the company more. Its a silent appreciation without recognition.

Crobutz

The phrase that shuts most sup's up in regards to production is "feel free to come out and show me how it's done". Be consistent, take your breaks and lunch and work the same pace every day.

upsbeernut

Yo
You set the standard

blkmamba

Sorry, I thought it was funny. I wish I would have tried it on a few of my more Union savvy employees to see how they would respond. I am former management who still assist former employees who have questions on how to deal with their current dic...uh I mean supervisor

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The poor guy who ran my route yesterday, they expected great numbers. Young guy, 6'4, strong, fast a great driver. 225 late. Today I worked , same number of stops, more pieces, less miles, I will be 225 late. What they gonna say. Is what it is.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If they compare me to a young swing driver, I just point to the scars on my knees and say "I'd like to see them match my numbers after what I've been through.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I see a lot of "make sure to work as directed", now what if you are directed to work faster???
You used to be a PT sup...you should know the drill. if I'm told to work faster...I say I'm doing the best I can. If i'm yelled at to move faster....I will pick up one box at a time and stroll.