What is a 6 year loader making now?

Billy

I was trying to find out what the top pay is for a 6 year pre-loader. Anyone know? They fall under the old contract, and I don't remember what it was. Also need the top pay for them unloading at night. Thanks.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I dont have an exact number but it is somewhere around $15.20-$15.40. If you fall under preload-sort-high volume /low volume direct

According to child labor laws they shouldn`t even be hired. My God,what wont this company do to find cheap labor. These kids should be in kindergarten.

JonFrum

I was trying to find out what the top pay is for a 6 year pre-loader. Anyone know? They fall under the old contract, and I don't remember what it was. Also need the top pay for them unloading at night. Thanks.
I assume you are talking about part-timers, and that they get the "extra dollar an hour" as preloaders.

Their pay should be around $13 or so. It all depends on their exact seniority date.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I assume you are talking about part-timers, and that they get the "extra dollar an hour" as preloaders.

Their pay should be around $13 or so. It all depends on their exact seniority date.

I don't know about that Jon. Though I am FT, I started in January '02 and my rate is around $17.10/hr with this last raise if I were PT. It does depend the exact seniority date, though.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I don't know about that Jon. Though I am FT, I started in January '02 and my rate is around $17.10/hr with this last raise if I were PT. It does depend the exact seniority date, though.
Your timing was perfect, you had your seniority prior to the 02 contract, so you received the raises plus the part time progression!

JonFrum

I'm figuring someone who has completed six years of service was making $12.25 towards the end of their fifth (final) year of progression. They didn't get any general wage increases, or 12 cent COLA in 2006, or any "catch-up" raises (remember those) during that time. Then in their sixth year, they got 35 cents on August 1, 2008, another 35 cents on Feburary 1, 2009, and 37.5 cents on August 1, 2009. They may also have received a 62 cent bump when the new progression replaced the old progression on August 1, 2008.

Would need to know their seniority date to calculate precisely.

Billy

I don't know exactly. I was trying to help a EAM driver that was bumped to pre-load Local-Sort to get their hours figure out their new pay. All they said was they were there since '03 I appreciate the help given. Sad that one would have their position removed and then be forced to another job and pay scale if they chose to keep working for a company. I wish there was more language in the contract to help part-timers more.

Notcool

What? 6 years at 12 and some change? That is nuts I have been at UPS less than three years and make more than that I am a twilight loader.

360waves

I havent been there quite 4 and im at 12 and some change..and i live in NC if that has anything to do with it...Take my certified status away, with just raises i would be at 11.72..

bscott85

i started may 04 and im at 13.945 (skilled position extra dollar)

come august 2010 ill be making 14.695 (lil over 6 years)

and yeah i get paid half a cent

I have been with UPS as a preloader for 4 years at the end of Sept 2009. I hired in in Sept 2005 and make $12.72, but will get another 15 cents to $12.87 at my 4 yr anniversary to be at the 4 yr progression rate. Although, for a 6 yr, it depends on the start date for them, assuming it was 6 years ago from now to make it 2003 would be at or around $14-14.50. Since they hired in after Aug 1 2002, they would have only received the progression wages until they reached 4 yrs then, they would have got the annual raise on Aug 1 after that and up through now, so that person should make a $1-2 more per hour than myself.

klein

Für Meno :)
$18.74 if you worked in Canada. Thats the current top-rate for loaders.
But, again the downfall is for drivers : $24.54/hr.
And top-rate is reached after 30 mths. (2 and a half years).

This is just for info, how it is here, and for curiousty for my american friends.