What is the stupidest thing that you seen a fellow employee do.. or heard that they did

over9five

Staff member
I don't GAF. I loaded trucks for years and I still walked off the line when I needed to use the facilities. There is no excuse for urinating inside the building anywhere other than in a bathroom unless it's an accident/emergency. It's unsanitary and just friggin gross.
Agree. Jeez, how far are you from a restroom at UPS? Not very far, I bet!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_1720.JPG
I don't GAF. I loaded trucks for years and I still walked off the line when I needed to use the facilities. There is no excuse for urinating inside the building anywhere other than in a bathroom unless it's an accident/emergency. It's unsanitary and just friggin gross.

Keenj

Seasonal last year in a Budget truck doing 65 with chains on and ended up blowing the tires and tearing up the cargo area pretty bad.

dudebro

Well technically, yes wouldn't want anyone to lose that unnecessary full lunch hour, but I hear ya on the pickups, don't want to screw the customers, so let's say like a 9-6 day counting lunch. Theres an easy solution still... HIRE MORE DRIVERS ADD MORE ROUTES HIRE MORE DRIVERS ADD MORE ROUTES but yeah we can also agree that will probably never happen.
It's not just that simple. More routes and drivers also means more buildings, cars, feeder moves, etc. it.'s more expensive than just the driver of the package car. Right or wrong, that's why dispatches are where they are.

upsgrunt

It's not just that simple. More routes and drivers also means more buildings, cars, feeder moves, etc. it.'s more expensive than just the driver of the package car. Right or wrong, that's why dispatches are where they are.

Is it going to take catastrophic service failures for weeks on end to finally decide that maybe UPS actually needs more and bigger buildings, cars, routes, feeder moves, and employees?
I always thought UPS was pro-active, not reactive.

over9five

Staff member
Many moons ago when bulk head doors still had keys, locked key in cargo area, called station got a key ran out......an hour goes by, close bulk head with key inside...
Also many moons ago as a young cover driver... A million airs, get to my FIRST stop, jump out of seat, turn, stick key in bulkhead door lock, turn it (real fast, cuz I'm in a hurry)... SNAP! Broke OH door key off in bulkhead door lock.... No way in now...

Dr.Brownz

Plus, after sunset, production slows. Yet we spend so many ours out after dark. I've been out until 8:30 all this week.

same here except all the days I called in sick! Somehow this "unforcasted" (LOL) surge in volume always seems to happen for about 2 weeks after labor day. We hadn't had so many routes cut in about 5 years and the volume was about 75% of what it was today during those times! I had an 8 hour in though so I won

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Well you're a girl so you probably don't pee in bushes either sooooo

MynameisNeigan

I have done this one myself a couple of times. EDD wouldn't download for some reason before the PCM. Did my normal Pretrip routine and forgot to get EDD. Very easy to do. Many times I have seen drivers driving back to the building to get EDD. You'll probably do it to.

I've done this. But never went back. Just kept going and dealt with it. It's not like UPS always had EDD.