What is Wall Sweep?

watdaflock?

Since HR most likely posted the bid list, asking HR what the job entails might be best.
qsqgx.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I thought wall sweep was the guy in the unload who's pushes irregs onto the belt and tapes up packages. But others have told me it's a job in the load where you help get irregs in the trailers and tape up. Some preload sup told me its people who sweep out trailers and clean up trash. Any of these correct?
Who the :censored2: cares. It's a full time 22.3 job. Pull the tampon out and sign the bid.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Our sweepers either unload the bulk from the trailer and push it down the irregular chute or take it from the chute and put it on the irregular belt.
Anyways it has something to do with over 70 / irregular
Also for some reason they have to wear a hi vis safety vest.

Who the :censored2: cares. It's a full time 22.3 job. Pull the tampon out and sign the bid.
I'm a driver not even at year two in my four year progression and would be taking a pay cut of $3.50/hr. The job is sort/wall sweep. I know sort can be pretty physically intensive so I'm wondering if wall sweep is too and if so maybe I should just stay driving since it would be the same amount of work for less money

I'm a driver not even at year two in my four year progression and would be taking a pay cut of $3.50/hr. The job is sort/wall sweep. I know sort can be pretty physically intensive so I'm wondering if wall sweep is too and if so maybe I should just stay driving since it would be the same amount of work for less money
If you can carry your FT seniority with you it could be to your advantage to sit out your progression in a 22.3 job and take a FT driver bid job when one opens. At least in my building new drivers are either laid off or never knowing where they will be working the next day.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It's where you lean up against the wall and reposition yourself each time management walks by as they assumed you did something in that time span, only to have slid your ass along the wall to a new location.

Wall Sweep

If you can carry your FT seniority with you it could be to your advantage to sit out your progression in a 22.3 job and take a FT driver bid job when one opens. At least in my building new drivers are either laid off or never knowing where they will be working the next day.
I didn't know you could go back to driving after going 22.3. I work everyday of the week though. I'm in an eight center building and in my center alone have 9-10 guys under me. I do know that my seniority date would stay my FT hire date though

Ms.PacMan

Our sweepers either unload the bulk from the trailer and push it down the irregular chute or take it from the chute and put it on the irregular belt.
Anyways it has something to do with over 70 / irregular
Also for some reason they have to wear a hi vis safety vest.
They wear the vest because they have to load most of it on carts and walk it thru the lot to the correct belt because the irregs/o/w's are too heavy or big for the chutes/slides.