What kind of car does everyone have? Year,make, and model

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

JL 0513

What kind of maroon spends $60K on a pickup truck?

Lots of people these days, it's not that hard to do.
It's become mainstream to drop over $50K on p/u's, and of course p/u's are a massive segment of the auto industry.

275469.jpg

clean hairy

Until I can get my Elio, I will continue to use my Diesel powered Pogo Stick. 8,000 MPG!
Biggest drawback is the bouncy ride, and it doesn't go very fast.

Overpaid Union Thug

. The Nissan salesperson conceded that even he could not get the same deal that we get.

I have beat the UPS discount price every time.
Done countless car deals over the years.[/QUOTE]
It's hard to beat the VW discount when combined with 0% financing and other offers. But I've never haggled because buying/financing through dealers is something I usually avoid.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
1969 VW Beetle ....bought for 1200 ....over 300,000 miles

1984 Nissan Sentra bought for 700 with 263,000 miles.

1999 Toyota with 293,000 miles.

commute was 20,000 miles a year.........now big fat zero.

clean hairy

I have beat the UPS discount price every time.
Done countless car deals over the years.
It's hard to beat the VW discount when combined with 0% financing and other offers. But I've never haggled because buying/financing through dealers is something I usually avoid.[/QUOTE]
Never takes more than 3 hours test drive to finish.
Just have to know the psychology to sell them on your deal.
No reason to walk in at noon and stumble out 8 hours later not knowing what you paid for the car.

clean hairy

Crazy story. About 3 car leases ago I handed the vehicle back in with about 8-10K shy of the allotted miles I was allowed to use. A few months go by and I receive a check from the bank my lease was thru, in the mail for about 3 grand. I was puzzled. The letter along with the check stated, that the vehicle was sold at auction after I handed it in and the check was my cut of the proceeds. I don't remember the exact wording but the letter also had a blurb about so few miles being on the car as well. I was totally confused. It was a lease. I didn't own the car. I was thinking it has to be a mistake.

I held onto the check for a few months thinking it had to be an error and the bank would come looking for it. Long story short they never did. I even checked around with a few car dealers just on the job while working. All of them said they'd never heard of such a thing. Only thing they could think of was that I had a lease where a security deposit payment was built in monthly and they were returning it at the end. To this day I'm still puzzled by that check.
Here is what happened.
Lets say the vehicle stickered for $30,000
The agreed Lease Return value is $15,000
Your payments on the lease total $15,000
The vehicle sold at auction for $18,000 by contract, the Dealer is only entitled to the contract amount of $15,000, you get any excess.
You got a check for the excess $3,000 it sold for.
NOW, if it had sold for $12,000, you would not be liable for any shortfall
The Dealer can only guess at best what a car will be worth in the future when the lease ends.
In this case, you got the benefit of the Dealer guessing wrong.
Disclaimer: Each lease is different, and the laws for leases vary by state.
It is best to ask in advance and understand the entire lease.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Here is what happened.
Lets say the vehicle stickered for $30,000
The agreed Lease Return value is $15,000
Your payments on the lease total $15,000
The vehicle sold at auction for $18,000 by contract, the Dealer is only entitled to the contract amount of $15,000, you get any excess.
You got a check for the excess $3,000 it sold for.
NOW, if it had sold for $12,000, you would not be liable for any shortfall
The Dealer can only guess at best what a car will be worth in the future when the lease ends.
In this case, you got the benefit of the Dealer guessing wrong.
Disclaimer: Each lease is different, and the laws for leases vary by state.
It is best to ask in advance and understand the entire lease.
Lease? Not.