What Part-Timers will get.

saintrick

In talking with newer coworkers and even some of the older guys, I am getting crazy expectations.

Here is what you can expect.

Newly hired starting pay.
16.00 to 16.50 with .50 raise each year.

GWI of 4.00 to 5.00 over the life of the contact.

Health Insurance is maintained at the current level.

Part-Time pension maintained or improved around 150 to 175 a month per part-time tier.

As for my own crazy, I would like a pathway to 22.3 without FT driving first and vacation pay at your weekly average or 20 hours (whichever is higher).

Pullman Brown

In talking with newer coworkers and even some of the older guys, I am getting crazy expectations.

Part-Time pension maintained or improved around 150 to 175 a month per part-time tier.

As for my own crazy, I would like a pathway to 22.3 without FT driving first and vacation pay at your weekly average or 20 hours (whichever is higher).

62C47837-32E6-4B55-81E4-2EBF2A6B4BA3.gif

150 a month for part time pension?

Seriously??

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I am only referring to the service benefit at 20 25 30. The accrued will remain $55 pre 2008 and $60 post.

Seriously..you would be satisfied with those numbers…from what I have been seeing so far you will probably get your wish…:hapydancsmil:

JL 0513

$16.50 is the minimum wage in D.C.
It's $15 in my state of MA and several others.

I'm not sure what the current starting pay is for PT's in low minimum wage states but it needs to be close to $20 in high minimum wage states if UPS wants workers to break their backs.

Nah
PT wages should be more of a supplemental/rider issue anyway.

That way the company and union can come up with rates that are more appropriate in various areas. And fight against the MRAs the company has liked to use, and then withdraw at their whim.

The idea of a PT rate being set by the NMA needs to die.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
$16.50 is the minimum wage in D.C.
It's $15 in my state of MA and several others.

I'm not sure what the current starting pay is for PT's in low minimum wage states but it needs to be close to $20 in high minimum wage states if UPS wants workers to break their backs.
Companies will always try to compensate from wage increase and that’s by reducing hours.
Like what Amazon did when they bought that healthy food store or whatever. Had friends working there and they were all excited about getting a $15/h minimum wage. I told them don’t get excited. Your hours will get cut. Guess what happened. 10-15 hour cuts

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
PT wages should be more of a supplemental/rider issue anyway.

That way the company and union can come up with rates that are more appropriate in various areas. And fight against the MRAs the company has liked to use, and then withdraw at their whim.

The idea of a PT rate being set by the NMA needs to die.
Agreed. But some locals suck so much ass that it won’t happen for certain people.

Hofficer Hater

The MRA's in Salt Lake City and Portland are $24.

UPS has no problem raising starting wages to $20. And that is already low. But they will have to give the current PT workers the $4.50 catch-up rate or there will be a civil war.

Its_a_me

If the union wants to organize Amazon, then UPS has to move to a starting wage of greater than $19 an hour (Amazon's current rate)--and the closer to $19 the worse your chances are.

It doesn't matter if benefits are better. You are not going to get any traction as long as your crown jewel makes less per hour to start than the non-unionized facility.

On a practical side, if the negotiated rate is too low the company will have to raise rates to get anyone just like last contract. This is yet another management technique to break a union as workers in one area can point and say the union doesn't represent me since worker in area X makes 3.50 an hour more than I do.