What the hell is happening in Orlando?

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's Disney World the happiest place on Earth! Alligator is going to eat my kid? Christ I've lived here my entire life and even I wouldn't expect that in Disney.
I've never lived in Florida, but I know I would never stand in a foot of water there unless it's in a hotel pool..

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The signs said no swimming. They didn't warn about the gators. One thing Floridians know is that "every puddle has a gator". No way someone from Nebraska would know that.
There has to be some personal responsibility from the parents. I'm not from Nebraska but I still know the danger from tornadoes.

Johney

I have a feeling they don't put up signs about alligators now because that way they can plead ignorance if something happens. If they acknowledge the presence of gators then that opens them up for liability. Not to mention, the gators probably move from pond to pond.
I will be willing to bet that they will hire trappers at a permanent basis to remove all gators from here on out. Yes they will continue to invade Disney property due to it's local,but I assure you after this Disney is going to pay big and never let it happen again.

Johney

There has to be some personal responsibility from the parents. I'm not from Nebraska but I still know the danger from tornadoes.
Ya when you see it coming you run for the cellar. Did you not see the pictures of where this happened? The playground looked to be less than 50 feet from the water.

Oh Shoot

If one goes to a beach are there signs stating there are sharks and other things that bite or sting in these waters...NO! One would expect that.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The kid is dead because the parents are stupid.

Actually this is a false statement .
It was a wading beach , because the only signs that were posted said No Swimming .
The kid is dead because Disney failed .
How can I say that , because yesterday Disney put up a fence along that beach .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually this is a false statement .
It was a wading beach , because the only signs that were posted said No Swimming .
The kid is dead because Disney failed .
How can I say that , because yesterday Disney put up a fence along that beach .

Putting up a fence does not imply that the area was not adequately protected before.

The fence was put up to prevent other stupid parents from doing the same thing with their infant children.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Putting up a fence does not imply that the area was not adequately protected before.

The fence was put up to prevent other stupid parents from doing the same thing with their infant children.
Still a false statement .
They are at a resort with beaches .
They paid extra to stay at this resort .
It was the contractual duty of the resort owner to ensure their safety, which they failed to do .
This beach has had attacks prior .