What time pre-load starts in Chelmsford, UPS.

BrownNinjaz

One of my manager said from 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM, but I don't think he's correct. At first, he said he did not know the start time, but he found out and told me. Does anyone know what time pre-load shift usually starts?

Oh, I went to their page (upsjobs.com) and clicked where I work 'cause they are hiring and it says from 3:45 AM to 8:45 AM. I will ask someone else, unless one of you know.

menotyou

bella amicizia
When I started on Preload, we started at 3:30, 3:00 on Avon day. Now, my center starts Preload at 4:15, 4:30. But, the managers tell me that extra hour isn't necessary or the cause of all the misloads. Cell phones and chatting and a 10 min break cause it. Yeah.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
One of my manager said from 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM, but I don't think he's correct. At first, he said he did not know the start time, but he found out and told me. Does anyone know what time pre-load shift usually starts?

Oh, I went to their page (upsjobs.com) and clicked where I work 'cause they are hiring and it says from 3:45 AM to 8:45 AM. I will ask someone else, unless one of you know.

The actual preload starts at 4:40, if you are doing an actual preload "pull" you may want to show up at 4:00am, though. The belts start at 4:40am to my knowledge.

BrownNinjaz

The actual preload starts at 4:40, if you are doing an actual preload "pull" you may want to show up at 4:00am, though. The belts start at 4:40am to my knowledge.

Hi Sleeve_meet_heart,

Thanks for your respond! You think they can let me go earlier for school? Only on Tuesday and Thursday. I start at 9:00 AM, so I am wondering if they won't like it if I leave earlier?
What time it usually ends? 4:40 AM to what?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Hi Sleeve_meet_heart,

Thanks for your respond! You think they can let me go earlier for school? Only on Tuesday and Thursday. I start at 9:00 AM, so I am wondering if they won't like it if I leave earlier?

As far as I remember, UPS has to accommodate you to be able to go to school. Let them know when you have to leave by in order to make it to school and they should take care of it. They may not like you leaving early but they'll get over it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I remember you were hired at UPS last year. What happened? Switching shifts?
I'd guess it was a bump, seems like every year the bottom 10-15 people on the twi-mid-day in our hub get bumped to preload.

Reason: no one wants to be physically abused and treated like a peasant at 4am. Unbelievably, within a "down economy", UPS still cannot keep new hire preloaders.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hi Sleeve_meet_heart,

Most people are out by 8:45. I'd guess a couple days a week they would let you go at 8:30 or something, but you'd have to "work into" that spot, it won't just be handed to you. The company has the final say in how many hours you work.

Call B.D. the H.R. person and they could possibly help you out with that.

LKLND3380

Preload start times are based on volume and can start as early as 2:00am around peak. Each day is a different start time... THE KEY IS START TIME... Don't go in and start working/prepping BEFORE START TIME. YOU MUST BE IN YOUR WORK AREA AT START TIME but dont work before becuase you don't get paid.

You can show up an hour before start time and start working but you don't get paid for it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Preload start times are based on volume and can start as early as 2:00am around peak. Each day is a different start time... THE KEY IS START TIME... Don't go in and start working/prepping BEFORE START TIME. YOU MUST BE IN YOUR WORK AREA AT START TIME but dont work before becuase you don't get paid.

You can show up an hour before start time and start working but you don't get paid for it.
Well it all depends on your job classification and area. We have 22.3s that start pulls before 2am outside of peak.

Interesting you mention the start time and working prior-to, because we had a termination upheld at panel in Aug, a grievance that was resolved where a Teamster was working off the clock "for free".

LKLND3380

Well it all depends on your job classification and area. We have 22.3s that start pulls before 2am outside of peak.

Interesting you mention the start time and working prior-to, because we had a termination upheld at panel in Aug, a grievance that was resolved where a Teamster was working off the clock "for free".

You work as directed if a sup says you are on the clock start working then go for it. Make sure you log all your hours and check them each week. IF a sup is having someone with less seniority do extra work I can file a grievence for not offering it to me first.

If the posted start time is 4:20 and you stroll in at 4:05 and start setting up your package cars that is a big no... I could file a grievence and collect money off the hours worked. It's against federal labor laws to work off the clock like that and puts UPS Corporate at risk of being fined.