What to do now?? File??...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ChrisTheBrown, Jun 21, 2015.

1. ChrisTheBrown

ChrisTheBrown Active Member

This has been going on now, for a solid 3 months now..Trying to make it as short & sweet as I can.

Guy with one year less seniority then me, has consistently been running a Tues-Fri route (that I know) while I just work the preload. I've talked with my union steward about it, gave him all info needed. He's supposedly talked to my center manager in regards to this matter & all I've gotten in return from my steward is "They're looking into it, you'll be driving soon.." & all of this other stuff. Before I left on Friday, I saw that schedules for the next 3 weeks were posted, which shown me still scheduled for preload Mon-Fri..I also noticed that I'm 5 people ahead of this guy, on the seniority list. It appears to me that nobody's really working on anything. At this point, I'm willing to do what's necessary to get this resolved. I feel that I've been in violation of my seniority, for the past few months. I don't know who this lower senior guy is, a friend of management's?..Could this potentially be happening to me because I'm a Christian? (Not that I preach to anyone, bring a Bible to work, etc.) People can tell that I'm a little different, I'm sure..As I don't partake in any of the gossip, drama, foul language..I don't know, maybe I'm looking too far into it. What would you do next, if you were me?

2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

If he is just working to get his 30 days in, you've got nothing. But if he's past his 30 days ten you need to grow a backbone and get it righted.

Good luck.

3. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

His 30 days mean nothing over his seniority. You can't train people while other people with more seniority don't work. They can only train him when the ones above him work.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. BrownTexas

I would file a seniority grievance everyday he drives and you don't. I would also go to a different steward because "talking" to the center manager about an obvious violation is plan crap. He should have already told you to do this to be paid for the violations happening and to right what is going on.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

You should tell our crew that. I know I worked over my 30 days when others were not. But that was 19 years ago

6. BrownTexas

The contract 19 years ago might have said differently.

7. ChrisTheBrown

This guy has about 10 months seniority, I would guess..I remember he started, right after I qualified for cover driver, last July.

8. File brother

9. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

Why haven't you called your BA?

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You should of filed 3 months ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. upssouth

upssouth Member

You should file for 8 hours per day he has worked over you. What's that going to add up to? couple hundred hours? That will grab their attention.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If this were true how would anyone ever get trained?

13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  14. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

They get trained when the work is available. This ain't rocket science.

15. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

So, you think a seniority driver should be layed off so a noob can be trained ?

16. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

You're allowing them to violate your seniority by not filing for months. Stop complaining about it on the internet and take care of business.

17. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

LOL thats hilarious that you believe you are being persecuted for holding a religious belief that is the majority.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. ChrisTheBrown

It's very common, actually. My mom was fired (from one of her nursing jobs) about 15 years ago, for her faith.

19. ChrisTheBrown

Thanks.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Seniority driver? No. Casual driver? Yes.