What was your experience at Integrad?

MTbrown

I am going to Integrad in Portland sometime in June. Why are people complaining about it so much? I'd like to hear from anyone who's actually been to the one in Portland.

Tough Guy

The general consensus is that it's nothing there that can't be learned at a localized training facility. I don't really have any complaints though. It was a good adventure.

The thing is, if you fail, it'd be a long miserable ride home. I had to cross 2 states to get to it back when I went. That's why I think it seems a little over the top to tote the cadets out there for half of them to fail when they could've just failed at a more local training hub.

MTbrown

The general consensus is that it's nothing there that can't be learned at a localized training facility. I don't really have any complaints though. It was a good adventure.

The thing is, if you fail, it'd be a long miserable ride home. I had to cross 2 states to get to it back when I went. That's why I think it seems a little over the top to tote the cadets out there for half of them to fail when they could've just failed at a more local training hub.
Why would half of them fail? Not memorizing the stuff?

oldngray

nowhere special
I am surprised anyone can fail Integrad. Its not even as much about learning to be a delivery driver as it is to memorized semi useless lists. Those safety phrases are useful in application but being able to recite them as rote answers? Not so much.

Tough Guy

Well I don't know every group but they told us roughly half the class ends up not making it. I remember from my group some guys couldn't recite the dok, but most of them were unceremoniously walked out after the road tests. The sups were quick to point out that they didn't fail because they were necessarily bad drivers but that they couldn't do the proper verbiage while doing the road test.

SCV good to go sir.

Every day we started with a quiz of the 5 seeing habits and the 10 point commentary, but for the most part it was sitting in front of a computer doing training modules. We all got to drive the package car for about 10-15 min each while we were drilled about the DOK stuff. It really can be done at any facility. I enjoyed it, my class and I were very encouraging and supportive of each other, there were a few fun moments (not excluding when I almost made our trainer vomit :D), and everyone passed.

I remember being fully engaged and anxious as we drove around Los Angeles shortly before rush hour began. When I think of what was expected of me then versus now, I can't help but laugh for feeling so stressed out about it.

S

selfcancelsignal

Well I don't know every group but they told us roughly half the class ends up not making it. I remember from my group some guys couldn't recite the dok, but most of them were unceremoniously walked out after the road tests. The sups were quick to point out that they didn't fail because they were necessarily bad drivers but that they couldn't do the proper verbiage while doing the road test.
That's distracted driving. So glad the instructor just went over all of that stuff & pointed them out to us while we drove instead of making us recite them.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I see why people fail the integrad class. Who the hell is going to remember all that MUMBO JUMBO GAYASCZZSHIZNITT anyway lmfao. Totally useless to remember all that stuff word for word. Don't get me wrong some of it does come in handy that we use on an everyday basis on the road. That im not sayin, just sayin its just ridiculous to have to remember it all. Theres an easier way to teach it but you know just as well as I do is these idiots cant think outside their ROBOT BOX, always do everything either the wrong way or the hardest way possible instead of thinking things out and finding a simpler, easier, more effective way to do things. Oh yeah don't forget keep your eyes off those FLYING BILLBOARDS- WTF DUDE REALLY YOU LEARN ABOUT BILLBOARDS IN CLASS lmfao. That aint got JACK SHEET to do with the job LOL.

Box Ox

Who the hell is going to remember all that MUMBO JUMBO GAYASCZZSHIZNITT .

2e5juvd.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why would half of them fail? Not memorizing the stuff?
We had a guy tell a story that the card the local sup gave him had 1 word different on one of the things. They figured it out the last day but told him he had one more chance. Would have failed him had he made the same mistake.

Oak

I had worked as a helper a few seasons and was familiar with the diad.

My biggest issue at integrad was while doing the modules in the classroom, I was going too fast with the diad. The diad is blue-toothed to your work station computer. I was pressing the next button before the computer had recognized my previous button push. Caused it to lock up several times the first two days of class, causing me to have to start over from the beginning. This used up a lot of time that I would have been free to get my DOK stuff out of the way and work on other things.

I highly recommend having your uniforms dry cleaned and heavily starched before going. You will still have to iron, but this will save you a lot of time in the evenings.