Whatever happened to:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Replaced by Harry and David maybe?
Nothing says "I forgot you", like overpriced fruit and nuts, or omaha steaks.

wily_old_vet

One of the first tv record deals was for Sam Cooke. Blew our doors off as we were located in DC Had many drivers robbed during those days. We had a snow storm that shut us down for 2-3 days and we had to work that Saturday to try to catch up. No records were supposed to be loaded. One driver had one that he delivered and collected the cod. He was robbed withing minutes.

currahee

Around Christmas time The Boston Globe would send boxes of stuff to famlies that couldnt afford presents. They were called Globe Santas and there were a ton of them.
I wish bowflex,pottery barn,and sleep number beds were history too. Nothing says bad day like a bowflex to the 3rd floor.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
Around Christmas time The Boston Globe would send boxes of stuff to famlies that couldnt afford presents. They were called Globe Santas and there were a ton of them.
I wish bowflex,pottery barn,and sleep number beds were history too. Nothing says bad day like a bowflex to the 3rd floor.

Add to the list: Tony Little's Gazzelle's, and that furnature from costco.ca. For some reason, the smaller the box, the heavier it is.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Eden Pure, mostly out of Canton Ohio.
Its a great heater, but Ill let you know about the savings when I get my electric bill...................Paul Harvey couldnt be wrong:smart:
Sleep number beds, UGH

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Yeah, Sears is alive and well around these parts which is fine with me because none of their stuff requires a signature and I'm always cool with stuff like that.

What I'm not cool with is any of Tony Little's products. Every time I'm flipping around and I see that chicken-legged steroid freak on the Shopping Channel a little part of me dies inside.

Jim Kemp

Here are a few more oldie but goodies
Lusterware
The pots and pans (can't recall the shippers name)
Mom and dad waltz.
Does anyone remember the Famous "Zoysia Farms" pkg would always be COD and you would go round and round with the cust that they had already paid by credit card.

"Wake up you Financial Genius" (wake up and don't buy this stupid book)
Then there were the "Get a cruise ship job" "Get an overseas job"
If I knew the people well enough I would tell them not to buy this junk.

upsgrunt

I know these aren't has beens, but lately, most of the Asian population on my route is going bananas over Sephora, Clinique online, and other cosmetics; and I'm talking multiple pieces daily over weeks at a time. It's like they go online every night and place an order. I always say I am going to ask, but I never do-and then there is the language barrier. My theory is that the less English you speak the harder it is for you to shop in a "box" store, therefore they order online and eliminate the hassle of communication.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
what is someone called dirty savage doing watching the shopping channel?

LOL!

I'm not watching that godforsaken channel, just happen to flip by it on my way to something more entertaining.

I remember once delivering a treadmill or something to this woman. Dragged that piece of crap up two flights of stairs and, since she was a senior, dragged it into her condo for her. 6 months later I'm back with another Tony Little special, drag that sucker up the stairs and lo and behold, the treadmill I brought 6 months earlier is still sitting, unopened, in the exact spot I left it.

Some people just have too much money.

over9five

Staff member
Thread Hijack!!

"...flip by it on my way to something more entertaining."

So, what does someone called Dirty Savage find more entertaining?