What's happening with Amazon??

wayfair

swollen member
Radio Shack is preparing to file for bankruptcy and Amazon is reportedly looking to buy some of their stores to establish a retail presence.

I can't remember the last time I bought something from Radio Shack.

I remember when I used to deliver to them though. That's when I was "ninja" good with my hand truck during Christmas

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah
Those stores are small, I guess they'd only put in the top 50 seller or so.
yeah. Amazon isn't buying those stores. They dont want anything to do with a physical store.

Sprint is supposed to buy a bunch of the stores and that would actually make some sense.

TUT

Yeah

yeah. Amazon isn't buying those stores. They dont want anything to do with a physical store.

Sprint is supposed to buy a bunch of the stores and that would actually make some sense.

Sprint is looking at 1/4 of the stores, Amazon is rumored (like Sprint) to be interested to.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Lol to sell their phones and tablets. I had not thought of that. I see that as an epic fail.
I doubt those will be the last products they develop. Not every product will be a success, that's just the nature of the business. But it does seem that Amazon doesn't have a fear of failure or a lack of new ideas.

Brownslave688

I doubt those will be the last products they develop. Not every product will be a success, that's just the nature of the business. But it does seem that Amazon doesn't have a fear of failure or a lack of new ideas.
Which will be their downfall.

A successful business finds what they do good and they sell the hell out of it.

Amazon has been throwing investors money at everything for a decade trying to figure out what it is they do good. They haven't found it yet.

Brownslave688

You see that's why they are spending the money though. To try and find something anything that gives them a good margin.

Amazons core business (retail) will never give them the profit margins to justify the stock price. They wish they were Google or facebook and all they had to do was sell ads and have massive profit margins.

They may figure it out eventually. The problem will be if one day before they get there the investors turn on them.

Amazon is an anomaly in the market place. Take facebook for example. They have been growing massively for 10-15 years. This whole time promising investors they would see a return on their investment. What would happen if 5 years after they went public facebook still only had marginal profits here and there? They would fold like nobody's business.

I'm gonna need to see about two more years of quarters like this one before I would believe in them. If that means I miss out on huge growth so be it. I doubled my money the last 20 months I should be ok.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

There are a hell of a lot of companies out there making a hefty profit that don't pay taxes either. All you need is a good lobyist to get the tax breaks you desire.
You don't even need a lobbyist to get tax breaks. Most of the low tax rates aren't even that. It's all about where you earn your money. Companies like Apple have a subsidiary in Ireland. All the profits they earn in Europe go to that subsidiary. Since there is no corporate tax there they keep all their money. A massive chunk of Apple's cash is actually in Ireland. They can't bring it back without taking a massive tax hit.
Which will be their downfall.
A successful business finds what they do good and they sell the hell out of it.
Amazon has been throwing investors money at everything for a decade trying to figure out what it is they do good. They haven't found it yet.
They're good at retail and surprisingly hosting websites. I read an article a couple years back and was shocked to see how many popular websites are hosted on Amazon servers. They found what they're good at, they just want to be the new google.

Brownslave688

There are reasons Amazon would not want to buy Radio Shack stores also. Online retailers can usually dodge state sales tax if they have no brick and mortar stores in that state.The benefits of small retail outlets would be offset by the disadvantages in my opinion.
I can tell you right now awhile back Amazon looked at the alibaba business model and were like SMH why didn't we think of that?

TUT

There are reasons Amazon would not want to buy Radio Shack stores also. Online retailers can usually dodge state sales tax if they have no brick and mortar stores in that state.The benefits of small retail outlets would be offset by the disadvantages in my opinion.

States in many cases have put an end to it, that is why they are building more regional warehouses. The $$$ in tax, now are saved in shorter shipping distances.

brandyn

Well I know for fact we haven't lost Amazon my hub is out of space and we r suppose to take on 4 more cities but can't cause of Amazon they r finalizing a contract for a lot next door to us just for pure Amazon and get those cities I

Rainman

Its all good.
UPSwife0174,

There has been no information in my area, official or rumored, about a change in the Amazon contract.

I apologize, as a long time member of this online community, for the immaturity displayed by some of the comments made by some.

Please be patient with them. I ask you to try not to judge them too harshly.

The BC in a very diverse community.

The membership obviously represents many levels of dysfunctions in personality, relationships, and work lives.

I hope your situation works out for you.

The "Truth" will set you free!

Sincerely,
I
Integrity called me dysfunctional..... Now I feel like I'm really part of the gang! Woo hoo!!!!!!!