What's happening with Amazon??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If this is true I feel for you. I don't have kids yet but I know lots of people who are only still married because of kids.

I made myself a promise a long time ago that I'd never use my kids as an excuse to stay in a bad marriage. I hope I never have to make that choice.

While the parents may think they are doing the right thing by staying together for the kids, it is usually better to go their separate ways. Kids are resilient and will adapt.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don't see a current thread about it, but hubby was told this morning that the Amazon contract is gone, so their hub is down 1000 packages/day? He was sent home today for the 3rd day this week.

I know people talk about the "8 hour guarantee" but the only thing they do in this hub (under local 710) for the cover driver position is guarantee you 8 hours of pay IF you work 5 hours or more. There is no "you are guaranteed 8 hours of daily pay just for being a full time employee"

The UPS roller coaster is going to give me an ulcer. Do they typically just lay people off if they lose a contract like that and business is down??? I mean if that happened, what is his future there looking like as a cover driver? (there are about 5 cover drivers under him now, and all have been sent home the last 3 days).
UPSwife0174,

There has been no information in my area, official or rumored, about a change in the Amazon contract.

I apologize, as a long time member of this online community, for the immaturity displayed by some of the comments made by some.

Please be patient with them. I ask you to try not to judge them too harshly.

The BC in a very diverse community.

The membership obviously represents many levels of dysfunctions in personality, relationships, and work lives.

I hope your situation works out for you.

The "Truth" will set you free!

Sincerely,
I

Where is turks and caicos, and why dont I know about it? PLEASE dont hate him for having a job you hate, or because you have to go to it. Its called a partnership. We cant all have hummingbirds and unicorns every day.
In my house it's my little ponies and pound puppies... My little girl can't get enough of them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPSwife0174,

There has been no information in my area, official or rumored, about a change in the Amazon contract.

I apologize, as a long time member of this online community, for the immaturity displayed by some of the comments made by some.

Please be patient with them. I ask you to try not to judge them too harshly.

The BC in a very diverse community.

The membership obviously represents many levels of dysfunctions in personality, relationships, and work lives.

I hope your situation works out for you.

The "Truth" will set you free!

Sincerely,
I