What's The Origin Of Your User Name?

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Started in 1986 when UPS was implimenting something called the "loop" system.The shop steward started calling me "looper".My local is 804 so there you have it:LOOPER804

tieguy

Banned
(TIEGUY PLEASE READ)

Untrue TIEGUY!, here if the Websters Definition and you can pick it apart like you are used to! What do you think? Words can be expressed IN Metaphors OR EXPRESSIONS.....
Noun1.
697C3-slave.jpg
slave - a person who is owned by someone individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"

bondsman, bondman - a male slave

bondmaid, bondwoman, bondswoman - a female slave

bond servant - someone bound to labor without wages

puppet, tool, creature - a person who is controlled by others and is used to perform unpleasant or dishonest tasks for someone else

galley slave - a slave condemned to row in a galley
2.slave - someone who works as hard as a slave hard worker, striver
worker - a person who works at a specific occupation; "he is a good worker"
3.slave - someone entirely dominated by some influence or person; "a slave to fashion"; "a slave to cocaine"; "his mother was his abject slave" individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
Verb1.slave - work very hard, like a slave break one's back, buckle down, knuckle down
do work, work - be employed; "Is your husband working again?"; "My wife never worked"; "Do you want to work after the age of 60?"; "She never did any work because she inherited a lot of money"; "She works as a waitress to put herself through college"

(click on HARD WORKER TIE see what it says?) These are the reasons why I chose PAIDSLAVE....

you want to use paidslave use paidslave. I made the point that you are free to go home every night and that you make a concious decision to return every morning. Nothing you posted here changes that point.

browniehound

OK! Never heard that one! ROFLMAO!!!!

My question is Brownie Hound are you going to keep that name, now that you know where it came from! WOW!

At least you admitted you didn't know what it meant .... OPPS!

OK - I am sorry.... I am still laughing! It must be the salt air.

UPS Lifer,
I just thought it was a stupid line in one of my favorite movies of all time, "The Breakfast Club". I really didn't know what was meant when John Bender spoke to the "geek" that the principle (who raids Barry Manalow's wardrobe, by the way!), "is a browniehound"

Knowing this infomation (what a browniehound is:anxious:) makes me want to change my name. I'm leaning against it because I have built a history on the site with the "Browniehound" name.

I guess I will leave it as this then. I am not a pediphile or a pervert and I think I will keep my name since it hasn't offended anybody yet. If somebody has a problem I would be more than happy to change it.

Thanks everyone,
Brownie:whiteflag:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I just thought that a browniehound liked Betty Crocker brownies, or liked brownies with a little weed in them! There ain't nothing wrong with your name, just leave it as is.:peaceful:

paidslave

you want to use paidslave use paidslave. I made the point that you are free to go home every night and that you make a concious decision to return every morning. Nothing you posted here changes that point.

Fair enough.........I posted why I chose my screen name and you spun it into simantics on me making a decision going home every night. I gave you numerous examples on how this word can and is used not by only the defintion that you solely inherit!

mys2cents

tieguy

Banned
Fair enough.........I posted why I chose my screen name and you spun it into simantics on me making a decision going home every night. I gave you numerous examples on how this word can and is used not by only the defintion that you solely inherit!

mys2cents

I didn't spin it into anything. The god honest truth is you get to go home every night and you have the ability to make a decision to return every morning. That is not a spin that is the god honest truth. I understand you want to think of yourself as some victimized schumck being forced to toil for the man but it does not fit because you can go home and not come back anytime you choose.

nobber

Born and raised in Metro Detroit, before driver release if you left a package without getting a signature it was called nobbing, or I nobbed it. supposedly if soeone asked who signed for it, response was the door knob.... I perfected it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Born and raised in Metro Detroit, before driver release if you left a package without getting a signature it was called nobbing, or I nobbed it. supposedly if soeone asked who signed for it, response was the door knob.... I perfected it.

I thought it was "Dr Knob" who used to pop up everywhere and sign for those. He was a handy fellow that used to get around a lot! We used to have a mall driver that used to leave stuff at the rear door in the "catacombs" as he used to call the back receiving areas behind the small shops. Some guy named "B. Hill" (for Benny Hill) used to sign for a lot of stuff there. :wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
Now that brings back memories. My 1st warning letter was for nobbing a package. Just like your 1st girl- ya never forget your 1st warning letter:happy2:

Upslady20

Mine is very simple... female ups driver and at the time I joined 20 years in... it amazes me when I try to use that as a user name and someone else already has used it...