When do you say its over?

ManInBrown

Been here since '84. Love the job hate the company.

3 surgeries to repair damage caused by the job. Almost died after one of them. I also had broken bones along the way.

Would any of my fellow Brown Cafe members still stick around?
1984? And you can’t snag a clerk job or a re-wrap job? Both you mostly sit in a chair all shift and do nothing.

JJinVA

says who? You’re in charge of your safety. You don’t feel safe, you wait it out. Push comes to shove and they make it an issue, it would never stick.

I saw a guy get out of going to help another (always slow) driver at the end of a summer day last summer by telling the office that he "felt faint and didnt feel it was "safe" (key word) to stay out in the 100 degree heat". They told him to come on in. They wont ask you to do something unsafe because then they risk being fired.

ManInBrown

I saw a guy get out of going to help another (always slow) driver at the end of a summer day last summer by telling the office that he "felt faint and didnt feel it was "safe" (key word) to stay out in the 100 degree heat". They told him to come on in. They wont ask you to do something unsafe because then they risk being fired.
As soon as you say the words ”I don’t feel safe” or in feeders “I’m fatigued” they can’t say a word.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
10 and out, no doubt about it. Everything I’m doing is planning ahead for a career change at 40. I have 7 years left to use this job to advance my life financially. My fiancée has a great gig that rivals our pay scale. She is about to buy a house, I already own one. I’ll take the buyout after 10 and throw it in the pile. Might be a teacher, counselor, something along those lines. But I’m not sticking around here into my 40’s...I already know that I dislike the culture at UPS; treating humans like interchangeable robots. I would be a fool to not take advantage of the resources I have and gtfo of here while my back and knees are still in tact.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
10 and out, no doubt about it. Everything I’m doing is planning ahead for a career change at 40. I have 7 years left to use this job to advance my life financially. My fiancée has a great gig that rivals our pay scale. She is about to buy a house, I already own one. I’ll take the buyout after 10 and throw it in the pile. Might be a teacher, counselor, something along those lines. But I’m not sticking around here into my 40’s...I already know that I dislike the culture at UPS; treating humans like interchangeable robots. I would be a fool to not take advantage of the resources I have and gtfo of here while my back and knees are still in tact.
Identical boats....

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I started at UPS late so I'll probably skip retirement and die on route. At least I'll be able to stick it to whoever the center manager is as that point when he has to come retrieve my corpse from the truck.

JJinVA

I started at UPS late so I'll probably skip retirement and die on route. At least I'll be able to stick it to whoever the center manager is as that point when he has to come retrieve my corpse from the truck.

Your truck will be on bay 14 in the morning after an intense "fabreeze" sanitation

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Man its fun fantasizing about how to leave the job. I’ve always thought it would be great to leave the truck at the bottom or top of the sketchiest driveway at the end of the farthest route from the center on a late night. Finish the job. But make them come get their truck

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Man its fun fantasizing about how to leave the job. I’ve always thought it would be great to leave the truck at the bottom or top of the sketchiest driveway at the end of the farthest route from the center on a late night. Finish the job. But make them come get their truck
Collect as many key fobs and you can before heading out to your route...

JJinVA

If I was going to quit, I would go to the amusement park, ride all the rollercoasters, talking an easy 10 hour day, buy a copy of the pictures that the rollercoasters take, and tape them to the front edge of the shelving before catching an Uber home.

*Pictures of me with my hands in the air, cheesing hard*

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
If I was going to quit, I would go to the amusement park, ride all the rollercoasters, talking an easy 10 hour day, buy a copy of the pictures that the rollercoasters take, and tape them to the front edge of the shelving before catching an Uber home.

*Pictures of me with my hands in the air, cheesing hard*
Make sure you disconnect the mechanism on the side that looks like a small black box. That’s their sensor that tracks the vehicle and everything else that’s done

DOK

Nowadays the new hires just refuse to help at the end of the day, and it’s ok.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
What buyout?

Your plan has a bunch of holes in it from what I can see