when is enough going to be enough?

22.34life

i hate filed labor charges and i won. now, ups is back to treating me like a slave and treating its employees like they cant even speak.like a dog!. nobody does smile* about it. the true is the union does nothing!

have you worked for ups for a long time?i ask because you seem very angry and most people at ups after a certain amount of time get used to the treatment.

Braveheart

At what point is the union going to stand up and say enough? How many members were walked off the property or fired from arbitration in the past 3 years? I bet the number would shock alot of people! what happend to everybody sticking together and the union drawing a line in the sand? I really cant believe how bad things have got.

I half way agree. The contract language is always the excuse. SO FIX IT THIS NEXT CONTRACT! Stop pushing through contracts and fix the language.

There have been many excessive abuses of discipline in our bldg. Some deserved discipline like write up and ass chewing. Others were to get warning letter or suspension. Some though were were out and out innocent.

But we have a dictator that unless you kiss his pinky ring he fires you. He also holds grudges.

We finally had one guy stand up to him and sit it out. He ended up getting job back and half back pay. Once again the panel even agreed it never should have gone beyond the local hearing.

They were like he should have been suspended not fired so the center manager should have ended it there and brought the guy back.

The guy will get a few thousand lose a few. Point is he should have lost a couple weeks of pay and been working the rest.

Instead, due to dictator, he gets paid to sit those last couple of weeks.

The union is only as strong as its members. STAND UP!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I half way agree. The contract language is always the excuse. SO FIX IT THIS NEXT CONTRACT! Stop pushing through contracts and fix the language.

There have been many excessive abuses of discipline in our bldg. Some deserved discipline like write up and ass chewing. Others were to get warning letter or suspension. Some though were were out and out innocent.

But we have a dictator that unless you kiss his pinky ring he fires you. He also holds grudges.

We finally had one guy stand up to him and sit it out. He ended up getting job back and half back pay. Once again the panel even agreed it never should have gone beyond the local hearing.

They were like he should have been suspended not fired so the center manager should have ended it there and brought the guy back.

The guy will get a few thousand lose a few. Point is he should have lost a couple weeks of pay and been working the rest.

Instead, due to dictator, he gets paid to sit those last couple of weeks.

The union is only as strong as its members. STAND UP!!!

I have read enough of your posts to know you would be willing to strike to get these language improvements.
But is there enough others to make it possible?
I'm with you, but afraid we're the miniority and its a shame.

colt1x

i hate filed labor charges and i won. now, ups is back to treating me like a slave and treating its employees like they cant even speak.like a dog!. nobody does smile* about it. the true is the union does nothing!

I remember when I had my first battle with mgmt. All I can say is play the game and how you play the game is talk to your steward and let him/her now your going to be an active member. So that way your steward knows they are not going to waste their time with you. A lot of people talk but never follow through. Tell your steward about the problems you are having with mgmt and he/she will check the contract for any rules that your supervisor might be breaking (if you want to get back at your supervisor check to see if he/she is working then file against them for stealing hours). It doesn't hurt to file a harassment grievance.

Yes, your supervisor will get angry about you filing grievances against them, but like I said it's all about playing the game right. They'll probably try to throw more work on you, but do it anyways the best you can don't kill yourself. Sooner or later after mgmt figures out they can't break you they'll probably do something more stupid out of angry which will result in them breaking something in the contract. Never express angry towards your supervisor if they offend you because your wasting your time and they'll benefit from you losing it on them. Never trust anyone that hasn't signed their union card. These people are usually brown nosers. NEVER trust a supervisor these people are the lowest form of humans they'll do anything to keep their job even if it costs you your job, but always remember if you play the game right you will always be at ups longer than a supervisor.