When will ups figure out that less work means less discrepancies , better customer service,less prob

• Thread starter Nothing by 1030 anymore
  • Start date

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Can't even figure out how to quote someone...
Duffus!

Duffus brownslave.jpg

Check your Ignore list

Foamer Pyle

The only problem with your argument is that UPS has reduced it's management by 50% since those "good old days".
Good try though.
The company is still management heavy, and I don't mean at the operations level. They need to clean house in Atlanta, and invest in real sales reps. UPS has got to be the cheapest paying organization when it comes
To sales people.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The company is still management heavy, and I don't mean at the operations level. They need to clean house in Atlanta, and invest in real sales reps. UPS has got to be the cheapest paying organization when it comes
To sales people.
Not according to HR.
UPS is at the average for the industry.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Put one additional driver on for 8 hours and cut 8 hours of additional overtime from 8 other drivers. seems like simple math to me but what do I know I'm just an hourly and the big brains in the Ivory tower know all.

Nope, drivers are not giving up the overtime...period.

dudebro

You can have mine.
He's right though. For every driver that feels like you do, 3 others aren't giving it up. So if we have 4 drivers working 10 a day on a loop, and you add a fifth with the idea that you'll have 5 8's, it won't work that way. 3 drivers will still be out 10 and the new guy and maybe one driver would be fine working 8. Plus, it's not cost for cost, now you have another vehicle, another spot in a building, another DIAD, another benefits package, etc...

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
He was wrong with his blanket statement that drivers aren't giving up the overtime...PERIOD.
I'm in the twilight of my time at UPS. I'm old and beat up after doing this for over 30 years. Have no bills and only one kid left in college to pay for. Only sticking around for the health insurance and the carrot that my union is hanging in front of me with a significant pension bump at age 60.
This is the first year that I have taken numerous unpaid dead days. My PDS knows who to call when they have extra drivers. The extra 3-4 weeks "vacation" I have had this year has been priceless!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He was wrong with his blanket statement that drivers aren't giving up the overtime...PERIOD.
I'm in the twilight of my time at UPS. I'm old and beat up after doing this for over 30 years. Have no bills and only one kid left in college to pay for. Only sticking around for the health insurance and the carrot that my union is hanging in front of me with a significant pension bump at age 60.
This is the first year that I have taken numerous unpaid dead days. My PDS knows who to call when they have extra drivers. The extra 3-4 weeks "vacation" I have had this year has been priceless!

While I refuse to take "dead days", you and I appear to be on the same exit plan.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
While I refuse to take "dead days", you and I appear to be on the same exit plan.
Even with my dead days, I am getting more than 40 hours/week with OT and bonus.
Am seriously considering leaving my route after the first of the year to bid a different retirement route.
The route is scheduled to be broken every Monday and the three day weekends most of the year are quite the draw for me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Average in the industry for what? Pay for sales jobs? Just curious, because I run into sales people all day long on my route, and they are compensated much higher than our sales reps.
They don't get MIP bonuses or a pension and maybe health insurance.
Look at the total compensation package.
Also, the UPS sales force, up till now, is not a high pressure job where if you don't produce, you don't get money.

All that said, if you're real good, you'll get in a more competitive job where your compensation is based on performance.