When you are in the know......and when you are not

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Just wanted to vent here a bit.
After the first of the year a state operated facility began receiving next day air shipment of what were apparently some sort of medications for the clinic on site.
Before, all incoming shipments were taking to a central receiving warehouse. They were always signed for by the attendant there. If he happened to be out making his delivery rounds at the time I arrived then I was instructed to leave all parcels on the dock and collect a signature from the front office. I was instructed to let them know how many where left and then they would send either security or maintenance to secure them in the building. I had continued with this procedure because I had never been told otherwise.
This last week I not only received a concern from the clinic on the facility stating that I was leaving medical shipments out in the open for inmates to possibly steal but also the shipper pharmacy sent incriminating emails to very important persons within UPS management stating that I AND the local UPS center have been spoken to numerous times about the issue and have not been willing to change to their liking.
NOW.....this was really the first time I had heard of this issue. Never had anyone on the facility said a word to me about a change in delivery procedure.
So aggravating when they assume so much while leaving me in the dark.
How far do you have to go to the front office?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
How far do you have to go to the front office?
It is right by the entrance. The facility is gated but the receiving warehouse is in the very rear of the complex. A leisurely drive at a max of 5mph must be adhered to.
The issue is not stopping as I do it all day long. The issue is their failure to inform me of the change of delivery procedure.
You see, this all stems from the fact the FEDEX used to deliver the meds. Now we do and they just assumed that I would do the same without knowing what that procedure was.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
It is right by the entrance. The facility is gated but the receiving warehouse is in the very rear of the complex. A leisurely drive at a max of 5mph must be adhered to.
The issue is not stopping as I do it all day long. The issue is their failure to inform me of the change of delivery procedure.
You see, this all stems from the fact the FEDEX used to deliver the meds. Now we do and they just assumed that I would do the same without knowing what that procedure was.
There's that word assume. You got the shaft, now you look like an idiot due to the ignorance and lack of lazy communication among higher ups. People always have to justify they're job which makes us look inefficient and unprofessional . Hang in there , it will work out when you put your foot down by sheeting it not in 1 a couple of times. I could careless about a complaint.

10 point

Somewhere in the back of your mind you had to realize that leaving packages on the loading dock, especially medication, and then going to the office for a signature was probably not a good idea.

Be thankful that all of the packages were accounted for and move on from there.
He worked as instructed ... if you read the OPs post.
The "back of his mind" was ruled out by the attendant at the "inside delivery" point.
TTKU

10 point

I have a stop where everything that has to be delivered inside has a specific "Deliver to" location on the label and a message to deliver there pops up in my board for any air meant for them. If it doesn't have either of those it goes to the dock, period.

If you're not given a way to know what's what, let management know in writing and get a picture of it.

We have to sheet all businesses as CL in my center. NI is residential only and NR is for call tags.
We use NI for offices that are inside delivery noted. If it's just for resis then why the option to stop complete it resi or commercial?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
This is why I don't go above and beyond here, anything goes wrong it's always on you. I'm not your friend, I don't care about your day, I need one thing from you and you need one thing from me. Being professional and getting the job done is all I care about. I'm not here for a shoulder cry on, I'm not here to talk about your office gossip, and I'm not here to be your whipping boy because you hate your job and want to take your frustrations out on someone who isn't a customer and doesn't work there.

I need a signature, that's it. Don't want to give it or can't, I'll try two more times. Want to meet me on the route somewhere, look for the brown truck, I have 100+ other people waiting on packages also, you're not special.

I come here to do a job and make money, everything else I couldn't care less about.

10 point

An experienced driver such as yourself should know NR1 is not an option you would use in this circumstance as it is not a call tag.
That is correct. You don't have to leave an infonotice because it denotes that you actually talked to the consignee.
5 minutes as an on-car supe. Lording over 15 drivers.

Children, are so precious.

The innocent look in their eyes....
Evidently 5 minutes trumps being wrong.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He worked as instructed ... if you read the OPs post.
The "back of his mind" was ruled out by the attendant at the "inside delivery" point.
TTKU

Instructed by who? An attendant on a loading dock? It would take someone a bit higher on the organizational chart specifically instructing me to do this before I would leave packages unattended on a loading dock.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Just sheet as NI. When they don't get the boxes. They will be sure to tell you how and where they want the delivery. Concerns don't bother me. Tell me what you want. I will do it. Better yet put it in writting. Then I wont need them to sign. I have sig waivers for 3/4 of my businesses. SDN then in outta there

10 point

Instructed by who? An attendant on a loading dock? It would take someone a bit higher on the organizational chart specifically instructing me to do this before I would leave packages unattended on a loading dock.
He got a sig in the office. Let's make this totally impossible now.

Somewhere in the back of your mind you had to realize that leaving packages on the loading dock, especially medication, and then going to the office for a signature was probably not a good idea.

Be thankful that all of the packages were accounted for and move on from there.

That is standard procedure isn't it? How is it our fault they didn't communicate. I am quite sure that Ups isn't the only company dropping off medications.