Who else is still dealing with Force in Saturdays?

10:30 resi

Your opinion?
I have conflicting feelings. I am definitely glad there is a resolution. I am also disappointed because the reason we didn't come to agreement earlier was we didn't want to let reg temps work between 3rd week of Jan and May 15. I don't think the Eboard asked any rank and file member what they thought of this before they agreed to it. They could've come to this same agreement before peak and saved members from months of 6th punches. We didn't gain anything by holding out.

This agreement is brand new for us - it will take some time to see how it is implemented and work out the kinks and see if there are any loopholes. We will see how I feel about it in time.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I have conflicting feelings. I am definitely glad there is a resolution. I am also disappointed because the reason we didn't come to agreement earlier was we didn't want to let reg temps work between 3rd week of Jan and May 15. I don't think the Eboard asked any rank and file member what they thought of this before they agreed to it. They could've come to this same agreement before peak and saved members from months of 6th punches. We didn't gain anything by holding out.

This agreement is brand new for us - it will take some time to see how it is implemented and work out the kinks and see if there are any loopholes. We will see how I feel about it in time.
Someone is going to work Saturdays. Sometimes the fight about who that is loses sight of the fact that someone is going to work Saturdays. If no one does it, then what?

Someone is going to work Saturdays. Sometimes the fight about who that is loses sight of the fact that someone is going to work Saturdays. If no one does it, then what?
Sure. I will likely be moved to tues-sat. Sucks for me but it is what it is. Someone has to do it. Reg temps are part time employees and when they do the work of a full-time RPCD on a Saturday contributions will not be made to our full-time pension and H&W funds on their behalf. I would've preferred a solution where all delivery work from the third full week of January to May 15th is done by full-time employees working 5 days a week.

IMG-20240125-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20240125-WA0005~2.jpg

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
The thing is, though-- and this is the really divisive thing-- you're acting like it's a choice. We chose the job, management chose the schedules.

If you're gatekeeping based on dates then I can't be any more concise when I tell you it's a clear-as-day :censored2: you and everything you stand for, and I'm gonna go ahead and speak on behalf of everybody currently in my position or soon-to-be.
I just started this thread and I already hate you. Quit whining and put in some time to get enough seniority to tell them to friend off. Jfc worse than a woman with this. Must be a gen Z’er nothin gets my blood boiling like those alphabet people that just want everything given to them without doing the work.

oldngray

nowhere special
I just started this thread and I already hate you. Quit whining and put in some time to get enough seniority to tell them to friend off. Jfc worse than a woman with this. Must be a gen Z’er nothin gets my blood boiling like those alphabet people that just want everything given to them.
He just got banned. Twice.

some1else

Banned
It’s hard to judge fully without knowing what the company’s prior offer was. Since this mou is substantially the same as all the other locals I have to assume they had this offer before peak unless they show us what was on the table that would have to be much worse. As of now new leadership is in order

some1else

Banned
It’s hard to judge fully without knowing what the company’s prior offer was. Since this mou is substantially the same as all the other locals I have to assume they had this offer before peak unless they show us what was on the table that would have to be much worse. As of now new leadership is in order
I need a press release from 639. Hey some1 we are sorry you had to work 6 days during peak here is how the deal we reached is better than the offer we had…

21Savage

I told you a couple days ago it's a grievance because the contract is being violated. You don't need to be disciplined to file a grievance. There just needs to be a violation.
Well thank you I didn't know that. I'm not filing for that though. They stopped forcing. They just beg. And somebody keeps banning me. Some softie biden lover probably. They said because of language lol. You can't even cuss on this forum.

I did go in yesterday though. Only because it was my first week of top pay and I was enticed by the money. Tried to get to 3k. Fell $150 short.

21Savage

They said at pcm yesterday they're finally going to change those of us necessary to tues-sat. Why tf didn't that happen months ago? This company is always 2 steps behind. What took so long??? I think I'll be one of those people changed but whatever.

UPSER1987

They said at pcm yesterday they're finally going to change those of us necessary to tues-sat. Why tf didn't that happen months ago? This company is always 2 steps behind. What took so long??? I think I'll be one of those people changed but whatever.
WAD. As in waddle in and do as you are told lol.